The history of Mosrite amplifiers: part 2

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: History of Mosrite Amplifiers

Postby dubtrub » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:53 am

Dennisthe Menace wrote: Well, I guess with all the "ups and downs" that Semie was
starting to go through, it's very possible Semie himself, got it confused.....

I doubt that the confusion comes from Semie, but rather from the interpreter of the information being presented. Often times when recalling past events it is easy to confuse names, dates and places. As with all research, one has to take into consideration all variables.

I place a lot of trust in the information presented by Del Halterman in his book as he did not normally rely on information obtained from one source, but in most instances cross referenced his material with others involved to corroborate the accuracy of the historical information outlined in his book. Plus there is also the level of common sense that comes into play when writing, re writing or interpreting the Mosrite history.

Semie entered into contract with the Ventures to build and sale Mosrite guitars, period. The contract agreed that the guitars would bear the Ventures name on them and would be solely distributed by the Ventures Mosrite Distributing Company. Mosrite and the Ventures remained separate entities. The reaction of the failed attempt by the Ventures to produce and market an amplifier caused Semie to lose his Mosrite distributor. When the Ventures had to fold the Mosrite distributing company due to their failed amplifier, plus this occured at the end of their five year contract, Semie had difficulties in locating another distributor to get his guitars on the market. Of course by losing the Ventures as the Mosrite distributors ended the use of the Ventures logo on the Mosrite guitars, which caused loss of sales, thus the beginning of the end of the successful Mosrite legacy of the 1960's.
Danny Ellison

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”