"M" Amp

Gary67

"M" Amp

Postby Gary67 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:15 pm

I was watching that great video of "A day with Semie Moseley "Mosrite"" by Brassardois,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSBEudhK ... r_embedded

and I was wondering if the amp on the far right (as you look at the stage from the audience) is a Mosrite. It has a big “M” on it. I have not seen that before. It looks like everyone has Mosrite gear to play and wear (Nokie I think had a Mosrite shirt), maybe the amp was “dressed” for that show?
Anyone ever see an amp like that before?
Thanks!
-Gary

I was able to make stills of the video to show the amp...but I am having no success in being able to post them here (ok, I am just computer posting stupid! There I said it!) :lol:

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: "M" Amp

Postby Veenture » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 pm

Gary67 wrote:It has a big “M” on it. I have not seen that before. Anyone ever see an amp like that before?
Bear in mind, this is in Japan so this amp probably would've originated there too, where the voltage BTW is not the same as in the US. My guess would be it's a Roland amp and it's owner (evidently a huge Mosrite fan) simply applied the big "M" himself :?

Gary67

Postby Gary67 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Yes, you are correct it is Japan (with different voltage for their amps)....so it was "dressed" up for the show....still looks kinda cool though! Thanks! -Gary

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Can't quite make out what brand the M amp is but the other amp on the stage is a Music Man and appears to be the same amp that is in Semie's shop in the first segment of the video.
Danny Ellison

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:41 pm

dubtrub wrote:...the other amp on the stage is a Music Man and appears to be the same amp that is in Semie's shop in the first segment of the video.
I noticed that too Danny but I'm not familiar with that brand also making amps. Makes you wonder though what the story is on that!
Perhaps the mystery amp ("M", dig...lol :D ) afterall, could've been an elusive Japanese prototype Mosrite?? :o ... :?

Gary67

Postby Gary67 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:51 pm

I found this video on youtube from the same time 1991 in Japan,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pevSuAVzBvM

a bunch of videos, Nokie in a gold Mosrite jacket with his "The Nokie" and also some with him in a black Mosrite jacket.
There is even an amp (bass or keyboard player) with "The Nokie" on it, the bass drum has a Mosrite logo and that "M" amp is there too.....so I do think they were "dressed up" for that tour. A big Mosrite push, and Semie was around on that tour so maybe it was Nokie helping his old friend out. And we all know how big The Ventures and Mosrite are in Japan!
Check out all of the Mosrites laying around the stage and the custom inlay on the rhythm guitarist's Mosrite.
I do like the "M" amp's look though!

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”