MOSRITE TUBE HEAD SER# 00007 (DUMBLE'S MOSRITE?)

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Re: MOSRITE TUBE HEAD SER# 00007 (DUMBLE'S MOSRITE?)

Postby jnslobaugh » Tue May 26, 2009 8:40 pm

if it's not a Dumble then it's not. If it is a Dumble then.... ITS A DUMBLE :!: :lol:
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

mosritetexas

Postby mosritetexas » Tue May 26, 2009 8:48 pm

It was just weird seeing people say get a contract.....get a lawyer , lots of advise . that's all.

bakeoboy
Top Producer

Postby bakeoboy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:13 pm

This amp has the wrong circut board material to be one of the amps actually made by Howard.I believe this amp was assembeled by mosrite at a later date.
Artie

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Artie, what makes you sure of this? You haven't said anything of the circuit, or anything else looking wrong. Now, I might be mistaken but, it looks like one cap has been replaced, looks like a Chinese cap to me. Hard to tell with photo details. Most other parts look period correct. After 45+ years, not a surprise, I'd personally check every cap, especially the electrolytics. As for the board material, I can't say, I've never seen one, maybe it was changed at some point. Dumble( I think) and Ken Fischer regularly changed parts in their amps, Fischer would only make certain amps if he had a rectifier tube from a specific week from a specific manufacturer. Maybe this one got made with this board material. Wouldn't be the first Mosrite product to have different parts. :mrgreen:

Have you seen the other 10 Dumble/Mosrites for comparison? I'd love to hear Dumbles opinion on this. Maybe some day he'll chime in.

OTOH, I think this amps owner got quite the lucky find!

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:17 pm

bakeoboy wrote:This amp has the wrong circut board material to be one of the amps actually made by Howard.I believe this amp was assembeled by mosrite at a later date.
Artie
Say what? :shock:
Danny Ellison

bakeoboy
Top Producer

Postby bakeoboy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:11 pm

The amps that howard actually built himself at mosrite had a brown phnolic circut board.and the ones built after he left had a beige board like the one in the photos.
I have discovered this fact after doing research on my own and the imfo is from a reliable source.
This is still the dumble design,and an awsome amp.I'm not putting it down in any way.
Artie

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:47 pm

So.....how many did Dumble build? How many were built after he left? Is this another case of Mosrite serial number nonsense? Very interesting.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:05 pm

bakeoboy wrote:The amps that howard actually built himself at mosrite had a brown phnolic circut board.and the ones built after he left had a biege board like the one in the photos.
I have discovered this fact after doing research on my own and the imfo is from a reliable source.
This is still the dumble design,and an awsome amp.I'm not putting it down in any way.
Artie

Artie,
Is there any possibility that maybe there was a combination of both PCBs (brown and beige), and
Howard (Alexander) had to work with what he had, to build the Amps?
Kind of like what Semie did when he ran out of certain parts to build his guitars.. :|
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

bakeoboy
Top Producer

Postby bakeoboy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 pm

The story I got is that all amps built by howard had the brown boards,and the board material changed when he left Mosrite.

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:49 pm

maybe your source would be able to clarify which amps were used by the Ventures. Alexanders or the others?
Also would that mean that there is a possibility of duplicate serial numbers 1 - 10?
I'm still wondering about the names "Don and Nokie" that are penciled in on the back of the chassis just as the Tube sockets
are labeled in pencil as well.

Lastly I wouldn't suppose your partner has the Dim's or Specs of the original speaker cabinet that went along with the Head? I've seen a number of pictures with the clear matching shapes and angles?

Thanks in advance Artie.
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”