Mosrite amps

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Mosrite amps

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:06 am

jnslobaugh wrote:OF COURSE IM STILL TRYING TO COME TO A BUILDER CONCLUSION WONDERING IF THIS IS THE ONE THAT HOWARD DUMBLE BUILT. I REALLY DIG HOW THE SPEAKER CABINET MATCHES THE SLIGHT ANGLE ON THE HEAD. I'LL POST SOME INTERESTING FINDINGS THAT ARE PENCILES ON THE BACK OF MY MOSRITE HEAD WITH THE NAMES "DON, AND WHATS LEFT OF NOKIES" NAME WRITTEN ON THE BACK OF MY HEAD.

UNTIL LATER THANK YOU GENTS....

SAY WHAAAT?!?!? :shock: :shock:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:52 am

IN RESPONSE TO MY MOSRITE PIGGYBACK HEAD # 00007:
WITH MY TAIL BETWEEN MY LEGS, :? I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT OF THIS AMP BEING HISTORICALLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE VENTURES AS MUCH AS THE POSSIBLE ASSOCIATION WITH H.A. DUMBLE BEING IT'S CREATOR. SINCE JOINING THIS FORUM AND BEING SHOWN THERES MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE....
I WAS ALWAYS CURIOUS ABOUT SOME OF THE PENCILED IN ITEMS ON THE BACK OF THE CHASSIS. YOU'LL SEE "DON" AND "NO" CLEARLY WRITTEN ON THE BACK. THE "NO" PORTION IS CLEAR IN THE PHOTO BUT UP FRONT, FIRST HAND YOU CAN MAKE OUT AN EXTREMELY FAINT "IE" TRAILING THE "NO_ IE". DON WILSON AND NOKIE EDWARDS? POSSIBLY. TAKE A LOOK AT THE PIC AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE.... :?:

JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

dubtrub wrote:From the story related by Del Halterman in the Ventures book, the Ventures first took their American made Fender amps on tour in 1965 but due to the lower voltage of 100 volts as opposed to the USA 110-115 volts, the Fender amps farted out at higher volumes which resulted in the use of Guyatone amps for future concerts. Maybe these are not Mosrite amps in the photo but Guyatone. :? The Mosrite Award amps they used were the large combo units not piggybacks. The only piggyback amps allegedly used on Japanese tours were Guyatones.

here is a pic of the alleged guyatone on page 119
http://books.google.com/books?id=8KsyZ0W5hr0C&pg=PA119&lpg=PA119&dq=guyatone+amps+and+the+ventures&source=bl&ots=GbTGs3djsU&sig=AMCQHUX2UdNMc2B-lWNbIX_XkmE&hl=en&ei=2mh4StraJo3usQOa1OzQDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=12#v=onepage&q=&f=false
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:34 am

MWaldorf wrote:On pg 120 of Del Halterman's Ventures book, there's a picture with what looks to be the same amp in the background. I didn't notice it at first because the image is reversed with everyone playing lefty. I won't have time to scan the picture for a while, but maybe someone can?

Mel

page 120, yes everyone plays lefty with the same amp as mine/dumbles

http://books.google.com/books?id=8KsyZ0W5hr0C&pg=PA119&lpg=PA119&dq=guyatone+amps+and+the+ventures&source=bl&ots=GbTGs3djsU&sig=AMCQHUX2UdNMc2B-lWNbIX_XkmE&hl=en&ei=2mh4StraJo3usQOa1OzQDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=12#v=onepage&q=&f=false
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

handbrake
Top Producer

Postby handbrake » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:31 pm

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:18 am

Hello again, I`ve found some addditional pics of the Ventures playing with the Prototype Mosrite Piggy. The two B&W shots are from a Japanese Fan Club Site from 1966. (Still not perfectly clear but getting closer and better) Now the Color Shot I was hoping someone could help me out with the details. (Year, who is the Frontman, and what event or venue was this for?) I will find the Golden Pic someday. The Mosrite Badge clear as day, the top of the control panel to confirm what type of control knobs they actually were dressed with...
Yes I will find that picture someday... If only someone had one sitting around that they could just take some pics and be kind enough to share them with all of us, now that would be something special indeed! Who knows... Crazy as it sounds, someone might even have two sitting around the kingdom that have been forever dreaming of the day they can step outside to see the world.

:arrow: One last thing... I Didn`t realize that Nokie was actually Spelled NORKIE. :mrgreen:

JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:35 am

jnslobaugh wrote:...Now the Color Shot I was hoping someone could help me out with the details. (Year, who is the Frontman, and what event or venue was this for?)
:arrow: One last thing... I Didn`t realize that Nokie was actually Spelled NORKIE. :mrgreen:
Jeff, the frontman is Yuzo Kayama...check out: http://questing.wordpress.com/2008/05/24/yuzo-kayama/

Yah...Nokie's name spelling sometimes....... :roll: One of the Japanese Nokie cd's spells his surname on the disc itself as "Nokie Edwars" (The Best Collection, Teichiku Records 1996) ;)

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:37 am

jnslobaugh posted:
Hello again, I`ve found some addditional pics of the Ventures playing with the Prototype Mosrite Piggy. The two B&W shots are from a Japanese Fan Club Site from 1966. (Still not perfectly clear but getting closer and better)

Jeff, are you referring to a close up shot like this?
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:18 am

I do have this photo as well... I beleive from earlier in this thread actually.
In a perfect world... I would like to see that badge/emblem clear and in focus
so I can try and replicate it for my amp. I'm working on a water slip design for now
because lets face it, The chances of finding an Embossed Mosrite of California
Emblem are more than slim. "Possible, but not Probable."

Who knows maybe Artie has something up his sleeve :?:
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:45 am

jnslobaugh wrote: Who knows maybe Artie has something up his sleeve :?:
Artie has a couple of those amps with the logo's missing too. So, if you ever find a set, find three. ;)
Danny Ellison

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”