1968 Mosrite Guitar Bass 450 Amp

dubtrub
Administrator

1968 Mosrite Guitar Bass 450 Amp

Postby dubtrub » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:30 pm

I saw this 1968 Mosrite Guitar Bass 450 Amp w2 15" Jensen speakers listed on eBay and thought I'd save the photo's and post them here for future reference. I'm getting so many photo's saved in my Photobucket account I opened another account at Imageshack. If anyone finds any photo's of Mosrite amps or accessories please post them here on the forum. There is such little information available about this aspect of Mosrite history, I'm hoping we can eventually have a decent photo library here.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Danny Ellison

MoishesRight

Re: 1968 Mosrite Guitar Bass 450 Amp

Postby MoishesRight » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:48 pm

Hello Danny,

I'm the guy who bought this Mosrite Amp. I have a question for you. This amp came with only one knob left out of six. However it doesn't seem to be the original knob. Do you know where I could find a picture (I'm going to check your photo file as soon as I log off here) of this amp with the original knobs on it? Would they be the same as the ones on the picture of those gruesome 350 models? Also, Where could I pick up replacement knobs. By the way this amp sounds great and has a lot of volume to spare. I am attaching a "BEFORE" and "AFTER" picture. The water stain came off the grill cloth thanks to Simple Green solution diluted about one part to twenty parts water with light sponge scrubs and light bristle brush scrubs and then blotting with only water on the sponge all the while blowing a fan on it to keep evaporation going and then leaving fan on after blotting for about an hour.

Any info is appreciated,

Allen

BEFORE:

AFTER:

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:12 pm

Regarding your amp, a 'big' congratulations. Regarding the original knobs, they are scarce as hen's teeth. The only place you might score one is by constantly monitoring eBay's Mosrite section. If you want to pay a ridiculous and outrageous price, you can get them through Ed Roman out of Las Vegas. Here's the knob in question. Some of them had the V and T. other's had the 0-5, Dennis, will be able to tell you which one you need.

Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:46 am

Hi Allen, welcome to the Mosrite Community. Yes, these amps did use the Chromed Control Knobs which were
also used on the guitars. However, they used the Later Knobs in which the center part of the knob was a lot
higher, and it did not have the V or T, only the numbers like on this pictured FUZZrite.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/ ... zzrite.jpg
Looking at the knobs sideways shows how much taller the later ones were as opposed to the early Vs and Ts.
As Danny had mentioned, when you get a chance, swing by the Intro Section and fill in all the missing blanks,
dot your Ts, and cross your eyes, and print neatly. You will be judged on penmanship. :shock: J/K. But tell us
a little about yourself,i.e Are you a collector? Of Amps? Guitars, Basses, etc. CHEERS! the Menace :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

MoishesRight

Postby MoishesRight » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Thanks Dennis,

As they say: "A picture tells a thousand words". I will be on the lookout for those knobs, and I'll fill out that intro page too as soon as time permits.

Allen

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:56 pm

So, Allen, are you using the amp for guitar or bass?

BTW, "MoishesRight" reminds me of the logo I considered for my guitar:

Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:06 pm

MWaldorf wrote:So, Allen, are you using the amp for guitar or bass?

Mel

Oh, That's too funny! I luv it. :lol:
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:51 pm

MWaldorf wrote:So, Allen, are you using the amp for guitar or bass?

Mel

Mel, you're killing me! (LOL!).
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Shucks. If I'd had a better selection of fonts, I would have made it "of Jerusalem" or, perhaps more biblically accurate since Moses never made it into the promised land, "of Sinai" Come to think of it, Semie's journeys from Bakersfield to Jonas Ridge to Boonesville are something like that of the "wandering Jew"!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

MoishesRight

Postby MoishesRight » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:56 pm

Hello Mel,

Man Oh Manishevitz, looks like your Mosesrite logo is a big hit here. I could hardly get a word in here before everyone else was commenting on it. It is nice to get a good chuckle now and then from something like that. To answer your question though. I think the amp will be used for my 6 string Guitar through a Maestro Rover output (the rotating speaker only amplifies high freq. and the low end freq. needs to go to a separate amp via the rover output jack). I never have heard of your band until today. I'm glad to be talking with you here. I was trying to do a similar band to yours with a group of Jewish musicians here in the San Diego area. Now I feel like we would appear like copy cats of your band. Well back to the drawing board I guess. Keep up the great work.

ShaLoha,

Allen

BTW does anyone know how I can edit my amplifier pictures above to a smaller size? They seem to be slowing down this page for everyone when loading.

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”