New Mosrite amp

mark1
Top Producer

New Mosrite amp

Postby mark1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:11 pm

What happened to the new Mosrite amp that was all the talk last year? I haven't seen a thing about it :? Is it going to fly or not :?: Sure would like to see something.It sounded like a good idea.

zarfnober
Top Producer

Re: New Mosrite amp

Postby zarfnober » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:45 am

Here's the big problem as I see it; anybody can build an amp and call it a Mosrite. I have nothing against the current owners of the name building one but, whats the point? A real Mosrite amp was either a Dumble or a solid state. I have built copies of Marshalls and Fenders, but they're not Marshalls or Fenders, are they? But I guess it would still be cool to see an amp with the Mosrite name on it, maybe I'll build one myself :D

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

mosritetexas

Postby mosritetexas » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 pm

your right it was as close to a Dumble as we could get without a lawsuit.
and it was researched as much as it possible. But The head of Mosrite was afraid of the high price put on Boutique amps.
so they didn't pick up the amp. Its the best 40 watt tube amp Ive ever heard. lots of love in it. It sits in the corner of my room and I blast out the neighbors every once and a wile.

Haole Jim
Top Producer

Postby Haole Jim » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:52 pm

What are the spec details on the Dumble-oid Mosrite-could-have-been, please?

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:38 pm

zarfnober wrote:Here's the big problem as I see it; anybody can build an amp and call it a Mosrite. I have nothing against the current owners of the name building one but, whats the point? A real Mosrite amp was either a Dumble or a solid state. I have built copies of Marshalls and Fenders, but they're not Marshalls or Fenders, are they? But I guess it would still be cool to see an amp with the Mosrite name on it, maybe I'll build one myself :D

Rocco

That's a good point. My primary interest in the Mosrites amps stem from their inclusion of the Fuzzrite and real vibrato circuits. I also like that the Ventures used them from '67- '69. Any newly minted Mosrite amp would be missing a significant part of the cool facto.

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”