Just got my Buzzrite

64sunburst
Top Producer

Just got my Buzzrite

Postby 64sunburst » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:43 pm

Hey all,
I just received my Buzzrite pedal yesterday. Chris - good job packing it - the outer box looked like somebody drop-kicked it! Anyway I unpacked it as fast as I could and was glad to see a sparkling new, undamaged Buzzrite pedal. It is heftier than I expected, which is a testament to it's sturdiness. I wasn't able to play with it until this morning. So I got out my MIJ Mosrite and plugged into the Buzzrite and into my little Park practice amp. Wow, instant "Swingin' Creeper" :mrgreen: . Unlike a lot of modern fuzzes, this one has that soft attack of those classic fuzz sounds. Next I tried to play the Venture's version of "When You Walk in the Room" from the Ventures KNock Me Out, on which Nokie I think is actually playing thru a fuzz - well anyway, it nails that sound. Those were the two sounds I was going for and I got it. Of course I had to throw in a little Keef doing "Satisfaction", and that was spot on.

I haven't used a fuzz pedal in any actual playing situations before, so I can't make a comparison. But I have tried some out at the guitar shop, and this pedal definitely has the classic vibe that the modern ones don't. If anyone is still on the fence about the Buzzrite, I would say go for it. Chris, thanks for the quick turnaround and being easy to work with. Thanks!

Byron

MOSRITE NUMBER ONE

Re: Just got my Buzzrite

Postby MOSRITE NUMBER ONE » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:44 pm

HEY ALL
The Mosrite FUZZrite (R) from the 60s is still available

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:36 pm

How/where is the Mosrite Fuzzrite still available?

Also, welcome to the forum Mosrite Number One. Can you tell us a bit about yourself in the welcome forum?
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

arpsum

Postby arpsum » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:50 pm

Congratulations on your getting Buzzrite! It seems to be good sound with the latest technology and clean hookup.

We can find the same name 'mosritenumber1' at ebay. If the poster were the same, he would be Andy Moseley from TN. He still has a right of the trademark of 'Fuzzrite' in USA.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:33 pm

arpsum wrote:Congratulations on your getting Buzzrite! It seems to be good sound with the latest technology and clean hookup.

We can find the same name 'mosritenumber1' at ebay. If the poster were the same, he would be Andy Moseley from TN. He still has a right of the trademark of 'Fuzzrite' in USA.

Hey arpsum,

Check out our new member to the forum. We now have the honor of having Andy participaing here on the forum. :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2279
Danny Ellison

arpsum

Postby arpsum » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your kind help. That's it, he is Andy Moseley. As I mentioned he still owns the trademark of Fuzzrite in USA, but in Japan, another person owns it.

I don't want to mention about these kinds of problem, please let me confirm as follows. When it comes to selling his real Fuzzrite in Japan, does someone who owns that trademark in Japan makes a claim to the reseller? I cannnot help feeling so strange the real trademark owner would be claimed at another country. Maybe almost all Japanese enthusiasts actually buy Fuzzrite from Andy at ebay, no one can make a claim to them.

I wish I could know more information about Mosrite story from Andy, and also the reason he mentioned about the 'real' Fuzzrite. Does he strike a note of warning what we regard other product as Mosrite?

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:45 am

I would be interested in a pedal as well. I've watched many on eBay but they are always $200+. Can someone tell me what the contemporary ones are going for?
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Imperial

Postby Imperial » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Hi Sarah93003, I am working up a new version of the Buzzrite.We found a new box supplier to cut costs. I was selling the boxes for $150.00 and the cost to make them with the custom stainless steel box was quite high on my end. With the new year, I hope to have them available soon. I still make them in a small MXR size box with LED and D/C jack.

The new version will be the standard cool vintage box with the battery door. The material will remain stainless and I will maintain all of the same high quality components . I have been doing a bunch of research on the original units and have three circuits I will be offering. We have been asked about the Germanium version but due to its unstable characteristics, we will be focusing on the silicon versions.

I based my three versions on a few units that sounded very good to my ears. I am also offering a Sanner version and can replicate any version if someone has photos of an original. Still working on perfecting the orange dipped version and should have that style mastered soon. This is a photo of one of the new prototype Bakersfield Fuzz pedals.

rballister

Postby rballister » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:37 pm

I wonder how many knockoffs are out there. I have a FUZZbrite by Ashbass.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:56 pm

There must be quite a few I would think. I have an Ashbass too but I find Imperial's knockoff to be a particularly neat one.

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”