new Mosrite tube amp

mosritetexas

Re: new tube amp

Postby mosritetexas » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:38 pm

a lot of questions all together. I am working on getting up info to our amp web site (mosriteamps.com). It will be up by Friday. It will have almost all the tech info on it.
It will also have contact info so you can talk to someone. This is a new product and more info will come out as we come back from LA.We are also working on a youtube video to go over the high lights of the amp.
the #1 amp will be in Bakersfield to be played. those who can go play it. Photos and videos will come back from LA and I will try to do a better job getting them up for the forum. If Im not quick to get back its because Im doing other work. Thanks to you all.

Haole Jim
Top Producer

Postby Haole Jim » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:32 pm

Thank you for the details, intriguing. 'Sounds parallel to Victoria Amplifiers in Illinois, handmade versions of early Fenders. Positively jewels of amps.

Best of fortune.

MosriteCustomShop

Postby MosriteCustomShop » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi all,
Perhaps I can shed a little light...
I've been asked to build the new Mosrite Handwired tube amp. I handbuilt the amp you've seen. Gut shots coming soon. It is built in an aluminum chassis on a hand-built eyelet board with teflon wire, ceramic tube sockets, CTS pots, and Switchcraft jacks. The good stuff! I can tell you it's a 40 watt amp with 2 x 6L6 power tubes. SS/diode rectified for a fast, tight attack. Power and output trannys from Hammond with 4 and 8 ohm speaker outputs. The power section has no negative feedback, which makes it a very hot and lively little amp. It's a 1x12" combo w/ Jensen C12K speaker, rated @ 100 watts. We wanted the amp to have a clean character with decent headroom. It's not really a "clone" of anything, rather a lot of classic, time-proven ideas brought together, with a little inspiration from the elusive Mr D and some part/tone-tweaking for what we wanted to hear. A fairly simple preamp that doesn't load the circuit a lot, so it lets a lot of guitar thru. We also used a one-tube reverb design that gives us lots of surf-a-licious 'verb and also doesn't load the circuit a lot. Because of this the amp gets fairly loud fairly quickly, moving from twangly cleaness into SRV bluesiness, all the way to a respectable rock crunch with the volume knob. No distortion circuit, just good, old-fashioned raging tube tone!! It's not a bedroom amp, there's no master volume. By the time it's distorting it's freakin' loud! I gotta mention the tremelo too. Tube-driven, old-school trem, lush and addictive. I'm not really a tremelo guy, but this is, like, chocolate-malt-good!!

I hope I've peaked some interest in our project. I'm dyin' to hear feedback on the tone/features/anything. There's still room for tweakage, but we're really diggin' it!! Hope y'all do too!

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:43 pm

Sounding very interesting! Gut shots please!

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:23 am

As a tremolo guy, will there be a switch to turn on/off the tremolo? I love chocolate malt tremolo, when needed.

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Re: New Mosrite Custom Shop

Postby jnslobaugh » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:28 pm

MosriteCustomShop wrote:Hey guys!
I've been asked to build the new Mosrite Handwired tube guitar amps. !

welcome indeed...
were you able to take a look into any of the dumble prototypes in association to this build, or perhaps find more detailed info on those original piggyback tube amps?

Thanks in advance
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

rynaro
Top Producer

Postby rynaro » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:29 pm

Are they going to the same as the originals or will you delve into valve territory??
-R
Tym Sweeping Wing Jr #Z0094 (murph trem & mastery bridge)/ Tym vibratone #A0080 (jag trem/pickups)>Heaps of pedals>Vox AC15HW
http://www.facebook.com/tenderbones
https://tenderbones.bandcamp.com
http://ryanlhumphreys.bandcamp.com

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:59 pm

Hey mcs. Firstquestion, who did the asking? Also, why tube, as opposed to SS? What circuit will you be replicating? And finally, what wattage and in what price ranges?

thunderhead
Top Producer

Postby thunderhead » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:52 pm

The Amp in cosmetic terms looks great. If it sounds half as good as the postings on this forum says it does, it should be a great investment. Now :!: ...... Drum Roll Please :!: ..........:!: What is the price :?:
Click on logo to visit website

rynaro
Top Producer

Postby rynaro » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:05 pm

dubtrub wrote:
rynaro wrote:Are they going to the same as the originals or will you delve into valve territory??
-R

Obviously someone hasn't been reading the forum. ;)

About 9 pages worth. :shock: :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1449

:-) ... I read that post but that was posted by mosritetexas ... not MosriteCustomShop and figured they were 2 separate copies being produced.
-R
Tym Sweeping Wing Jr #Z0094 (murph trem & mastery bridge)/ Tym vibratone #A0080 (jag trem/pickups)>Heaps of pedals>Vox AC15HW
http://www.facebook.com/tenderbones
https://tenderbones.bandcamp.com
http://ryanlhumphreys.bandcamp.com

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”