new Mosrite tube amp

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: new Mosrite tube amp

Postby dubtrub » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:43 pm

stevelpj,

You seem to have a personal interest in 'beefing' with this particular amp? It has already been stated this was a prototype and they were looking for constructive input not constant criticism. It is my guess that you too may be in the business of building amps. How about we just let the amp live or die by it's own merits. I think we all get the drift you don't like it. There's a lot of other areas here on the forum pertaining to Mosrite that you may participate, like maybe responding to those that have replied to your introduction.
Danny Ellison

stevelpj

Postby stevelpj » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:54 pm

I'm simply reporting what I have seen and heard with my own eyes and ears. I have not read the request for constructive criticism you speak of. This amp will live or die of it's own merits. Having heard the amp I am reporting on that subject. I've read other areas of the forum, I don't find much of interest. I was anticipating this amp's arrival and now that it's here, I'm stunned and disappointed.

Let me ask you this? Have you heard this amp?

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:28 pm

stevelpj wrote:Let me ask you this? Have you heard this amp?

This dialog is over. Check your messages, PM sent.
Danny Ellison

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:17 am

stevelpj wrote:I'm simply reporting...//...Let me ask you this? Have you heard this amp?
In all probability the majority of us will not have heard the amp (obviously) but by the manner in which you ‘review’ the amp it appears that you do not wish for it to have any future as evidenced by your attempts to stop it dead in it’s tracks at every opportunity that you are provided with here on the forum.
Personally I have no commercial interest in the production/promotion/sales etc. of the new Mosrite amp but these guys deserve a break. They need to make a living too and goodness knows times are hard as it is especially when you’re aiming at a very small niche in the market as you should know being a “repair / builder” yourself as you claim. Bravo for them in trying.
If it’s a personal thing going on perhaps -as I’m beginning to suspect, then this forum is the wrong place to air it...besides, it is unpleasant to have to witness someone 'under attack', regardless. :|

Let’s keep it cool here.

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:13 pm

Well said Paul, we can't let one persons one sided point of view affect our future purchases. If you don't like the amp than don't buy it. Let people hear and play for their self.

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:23 am

MOSRITETEXAS / MOS CUS SHOP
Hey guys, just checking in on the Project...
Any new Developments or Updates?
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

MosriteCustomShop

Postby MosriteCustomShop » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi,
Sorry I've been out of touch. Currently the amp is here in my shop for some tweaking. MosriteTexas will be showing it at the Arlington Guitar Show in October. Hopefully after that we'll know more about if we'll make more of these amps. Thank you all very much for the kind words and positive feedback!

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”