Can anyone fill me in on current news about Howard Dumble?

mamatops

Can anyone fill me in on current news about Howard Dumble?

Postby mamatops » Mon May 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Dana just learned of H. Dumble and said there was a 1985 interview with him that spoke of her dad.

Amp Wizard Howard Dumble - 1985 Guitar Player Interview by Dan Forte

The link to the interview: http://www.schematicheaven.com/howard_dumble.htm
quote about Semie from page 3:
How did you come to make amps for the Ventures?
I was an 18-year-old kid in school in Bakersfield, and I went to see Semie Moseley, who was the only person I had access to there. I walked in and just bold-faced said, "I've got something that sounds like nothing else. You better hear it." And it flipped him out; he said, "This is the best thing I've ever heard." He offered to go in with me to build 10 amplifiers. He bought the parts and paid me $90.00 a week--for about four weeks, and then I had to work for free. But I still got to build 10 amplifiers on a production basis when I was only a kid. They were called Mosrite amps, but they were my design. Actually, I built 11, so I still have the original one I built. The Ventures played through them and were really interested, but it was a little too much rock for them. They wanted me to go into business with them, but I decided against it, and went back to playing in studios and in rock bands.

He plans to visit Dana in the near future and, 'till now, had never heard of him. She did mention the '85 article. I found and 'faxed' it to her on Sunday (I think? - Vista doesn't know what "fax" is) then I read a few other blogs with possible tiny 'red flag' concerns.

Any reassurances, concerns or advise that would help avoid surprises is appreciated.

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Re: Can anyone fill me in on current news about Howard Dumble?

Postby Strat-o-rama » Mon May 11, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi Mamatops!
You could start right here on this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=349

If you haven't seen this, it will give you some info on the background of the Dumble made Mosrite Amps. I would love to hear one myself!

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”