FUZZrite Box Questions

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: FUZZrite Box Questions

Postby MWaldorf » Fri May 29, 2009 8:40 am

I also own a Fuzzbrite. The sound is good, but I think the placement of the power adapter jack is better on your design, Imperial. The fit and finish looks great - cool knobs, too!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Imperial

Postby Imperial » Fri May 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys. We are appling the BUZZrite artwork this weekend. Once we have them branded we can get to the fun part.

I built up a proto the other day and these sound great with the carbon comps and ceramic disk caps. Mr. Sanner really had his stuff together. The tone on his circuit stands up well today.

Imperial

Postby Imperial » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:33 pm

My son and I started building these today. The sound is amazing with the carbon comps and disc caps. I will post some better photos this weekend.

vjf1968
Top Producer

Re: Updates

Postby vjf1968 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Imperial wrote:I got the boxes done and they turned out very nice. Here is a few shots of the box layout I snapped off my PC.

I went with a 9V D/C power jack and a 5mm LED and a 3PDT EH true bypass switch. The PCB board is very cool and I have them mounted to weld stand-off inside for a super clean wiring. This is one the cleanest layouts I have seen and this has been a fun project.

The components are carbon comp resistors and ceramic disc caps. We have an incredible sounding set of transistors and this has been a fun project. I should be posting photos of the finished units early next week.

I thought a power jack and a LED are detrimental to the ultimate fuzz sound and battery life. Is something you agree with or did you find a way to make these 2 additions work without affecting tone?

Imperial

Postby Imperial » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:28 pm

I thought a power jack and a LED are detrimental to the ultimate fuzz sound and battery life. Is something you agree with or did you find a way to make these 2 additions work without affecting tone?

Sorry it took so long to reply. I do not agree with that viewpoint at all. The D/C jack has a switch to determine whether you are using a power supply or 9 volt battery. I have never been able to tell the difference with a power supply or a standard battery. The Fuzzrite circuit is not like a subtle Fuzz Face that likes to see lower volts and non alkaline batteries. When we add an LED, a special switch is used to tie in the LED and it does not affect the tone at all.

The FUZZrite does not need an LED or power jack, when it's on...you know it
.. :D

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”