Mosrite double necks

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Re: Mosrite double necks

Postby dorkrockrecords » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks, Terry!

Judging by the lost-wax bridge on the octave neck, I'd say Brian's doubleneck dates to 1982-83 or thereabouts. I remember coming across photos of this guitar in very bad shape taken in front of someone's garage or storage unit several years back. I wish I still had them. I would think the years since the theft have not been kind to it.

Adam

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Here's a new one to add to the list of double neck players. I snagged this photo off eBay where they are selling the photo. Notice it has the shadowed cross as on Doug Brewers guitar, so apparently this is a Gospel picker. Doug is out of state on vacation so maybe he'll chime in when he returns unless someone else know this guy. And here I thought there we only seven of these early ginger board double necks made. :shock:

Danny Ellison

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 pm

That is a whole lot of guitar. Is the 6-12 odd for these types?

Deke Dickerson
Top Producer

Postby Deke Dickerson » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi guys! Deke here. I'm not trying to make a habit of this, but I would like to ask the list members not to bid on the above photo of Bill and the Mosrite Doubleneck. I'm planning on bidding on it and a photo like this needs to be in my upcoming book....!

Here's the URL....again, I'm asking you not to bid against me....

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLD-8X10-PHOTO-CUST ... 500wt_1182

One important note, however, this is NOT an early "gingerbread" doubleneck from the 50's. I would actually put it's build date around the late 60's/early 70's. Note the Celebrity tailpiece (separate bridge/tailpiece assembly), standard Ventures-era pickups, and 70's era switches and knobs.

What IS really interesting about this guitar, however, is that it's definitely the first "reissue" style guitar that Semie ever made--the guy obviously wanted his doubleneck to look like the 50's "Gingerbread" guitars, and Semie gave him something that was....close.

This is an important instrument, and one that was unknown until now, but it's not a 50's instrument.

Thanks! I look forward to getting the photo and when I do I'll post a better scan of it on the list.

Deke

bakeoboy
Top Producer

Postby bakeoboy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:16 pm

Don't have to bid on it...I just saved it!

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”