Mosrite vibrato springs

FritzCat
Top Producer

Mosrite vibrato springs

Postby FritzCat » Fri May 09, 2008 5:08 pm

Are there any extra-long tremolo springs available? I've got the longer of the two I know of, and the handle still isn't high enough for my liking. I tried adding another, smaller spring inside the one, but it wouldn't hold tune as well.

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Mosrite vibrato springs

Postby dubtrub » Sun May 25, 2008 8:54 pm

FritzCat,

I haven't purchased any of these springs as yet, but I've heard that other Mosrite players have and found they worked great . http://www.centuryspring.com/products/compression.html
Danny Ellison

mark1
Top Producer

Postby mark1 » Mon May 26, 2008 12:18 pm

Great site . I'm having the same trouble ,I need a higher trem arm. How do I know what size spring I need? How do I measure?

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon May 26, 2008 12:58 pm

Mark 1,

I think it would almost be a necessity to use a set of calipers to measure the one you already have. Maybe take it to a music store, machine shop or maybe a friend's home workshop. You could probably use a ruler to get close measurements, then compare them to what's available on the website. Regardless of how you get the information, the measurements will be vitally important to get what you want.

Here are the measurements for a standard one inch spring for a Japanese Mosrite that I purchased from Zamminc. I would suggest buying several of different lengths and try until you find the best one that works for you. That's why I have about ten of them in my parts bin that I purchased a ten dollars a pop until I found this site. Since then I haven't had a need for any springs. It might be a good idea to contact the company via email and advise of your measurements, tell them the purpose of the spring and that some of the required information for order is unknown, such as compression etc.

Pitch: .134"
Inside diameter: .470"
Outside diameter: .645"
Free length: 1"
Danny Ellison

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”