Mosrite V3 info?

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Re: Mosrite V3 info?

Postby dorkrockrecords » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:49 am

Those Mosrite parts that have been showing up on eBay for the last several years originate in Canada and were I believe remaindered stock from the Booneville, Arkansas, factory (with possibly some Jonas Ridge NC parts thrown in there too). As the story always goes, I think one of Semie's investors got stiffed out of cash and ended up getting paid off in parts. Sometimes these things show up with "Mosrite of Canada" logos and letters of authenticity signed by Nokie. The parts are tempting (I know), but buyer beware. As for the "C-93" stamp, I don't have a definitive answer. Maybe Canada 1993?

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:01 am

To the best of my knowledge, the Victory series only ever existed in the Gospel run of the '80s. I'm sure you've seen that catalog - I don't have a copy but I think images of it are available from vintaxe. That had a Victory I, II and III. I think they all had two pickups, one with a slab body and a stop tail, one like a Ventures Mark I and one with a carved top and no pickguard.

I think your confusion in wanting to find a V-I and V-II is with the name "V-III." Again, I don't think Semie ever called these three-pickup models V-IIIs - to him I think they were always the "American" model.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:02 am

dorkrockrecords wrote:Those Mosrite parts that have been showing up on eBay for the last several years originate in Canada and were I believe remaindered stock from the Booneville, Arkansas, factory (with possibly some Jonas Ridge NC parts thrown in there too). As the story always goes, I think one of Semie's investors got stiffed out of cash and ended up getting paid off in parts. Sometimes these things show up with "Mosrite of Canada" logos and letters of authenticity signed by Nokie. The parts are tempting (I know), but buyer beware. As for the "C-93" stamp, I don't have a definitive answer. Maybe Canada 1993?

WoW! Very interesting....In regards to what the "C" stood for, I had Century Series going thru my mind as well as possible solid body versions of the Celebrity and Combos, but I never thought about Canada....as Danny had mentioned in an earlier post, anything was possible with Uncle Semie after the initial production run of the 60s... :|
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”