Celebrity re-fret

Slippery fingers

Celebrity re-fret

Postby Slippery fingers » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Hi All,
It’s been a long long time since I’ve been here, but it feels good getting back. I own a beautiful 1968 Celebrity 3, it’s been played a lot but well taken care of. I’m over joyed to report it’s at the luthier right now getting a re-fret, I put it off for yrs because I was once told the speed frets Mosrite used are no longer available. The luthier told me that the fret wire Mosrite used in the 60’s was almost identical to the wire Fender used in the 50’s, and that wire is easily available.
So he ordered the wire today, and told me my Celeb will be ready by the end of the week :mrgreen: it’s really a small world, I’m from a Chicago suburb, and very familiar with the Chicago Music Exchange, since then I’ve moved to rural central Indiana, and about 20 miles down the road is the luthier, he worked for the Chicago Music Exchange restoring vintage guitars, but has since moved back home, and is very familiar with Mosrites hows that for luck? He gave my Celb a good going over and told me it’s one of the nicest Mosrites he’s seen, the checking is almost non existent, no loose binding, cosmetically and structurally she’s about as pristine as a 50 yr old guitar can be. Anyway it’s gonna be like getting a new guitar when she comes back, we’ll see how she likes the Fender Hotrod DeVille, and Vox AC 15C1.
Paul
If it's worth doin, it's worth doin right!

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Re: Celebrity re-fret

Postby Sarah93003 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:39 pm

Congratulations Paul finding someone who can do that for you. Please come back and give a full report, with pics!
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”