Mosrite Combo #H0040

clevsv

Mosrite Combo #H0040

Postby clevsv » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Hello everyone!

I am the owner of Mosrite Combo #H0040 and stumbled across this forum while searching for more information about it. It seems like an awesome resource! Based on the serial number, I imagine it has to be a 1966 or 1967 vintage, but perhaps someone here can narrow that down more accurately for me. It has the original serial number document inside the F-hole as well as the matching stamped version on the neck, so based on that I think it is genuine. There are some things that aren't correct. The tuning machine heads aren't original, for example. I love the thing, and would like to restore it to the most original mechanical condition it can be in if that is possible and won't affect the value if properly done. Nothing cosmetic. I will figure out how to attach pictures shortly.Thanks!

LoveyX
Top Producer

Re: Mosrite Combo #H0040

Postby LoveyX » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:07 pm

First, welcome to the forum, clevsv!
We would love to see pics of your Combo if you care to link them from your favorite hosting site...
I am scratching my head as to where there is a list of Combo S/N's and dates.
I played a Combo at one time and I love them :!: My guess is yours may be one of the earlier ones.
My suggestion for narrowing down the date of manufacture would be to take a look at the pot codes.
If the number is visible on the back of the V &T pots there should be a 7 digit number.
The 4th and 5th number after '134' should be the year if they are original.
Looking forward to those pics & enjoy the forum!

FrankJames
Top Producer

Postby FrankJames » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Welcome to the forum !!

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:14 am

Welcome to the forum! I have a CAR (or close) Combo also. Awesome instrument! I don't have the S/N on me but will check when I get home.
Scott

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”