My Mosrite Celebrity A0545

larsko

My Mosrite Celebrity A0545

Postby larsko » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:47 am

Just wanted to post a little bit on my Mosrite Celebrity in case you are interested (I know you are - thats why you're here, right?)

I found this beauty up in Hamden CT when I was touring with a Bluegrass-band back in 2012. It was hanging high up on the wall in the local Guitar Center and screamed "Buy me!". Took it home to Norway. I remember I looked it up and tried to find out which year it is from once. I don't remember why anymore but I think I concluded it was '66 or '67. I guess someone here can tell me? I just found some Gotoh machine heads and will replace the original ones in order to make it a little bit more convenient to change strings. They look very much like the old ones. Hope to use this guitar more now as my country band is up and running and we've started booking live gigs. Some photos.

Lars
Proper Norwegian country music: https://open.spotify.com/artist/419ZIi3HuNUjER6vp4Duy1

BRRanger
Top Producer

Re: My Mosrite Celebrity A0545

Postby BRRanger » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:29 am

Greetings Larsko,
Very nice! Sarah will probably chime in with some information for you.
Scott

StevieSTL
Valued Member

Postby StevieSTL » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:12 am

-- Great story! You look incredible with it on stage, that's a cool pic, the white 'guard plays off the white suit nicely! Save those original tuners!
The gangster looks so frightening, with his luger in his hand
When he gets home to his children, he's a family man
But when it comes to the nitty-gritty, he can shove in his knife
Yes he really looks quite religious, he's been an outlaw all his life

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:56 pm

Great photos, Lars. I remember you contacted me through my website a couple of years ago. Your Celebrity still looks great! Your guitar is one of the "original" Celebrities. About the first 600 that were made were the original Celebrity. The first ten were set neck, but after that, they were a mortise and tenon neck joint with two screws attaching from the rear of the bout. Just like yours. These are great guitars with excellent hardware and deluxe features. Semi and Andy decided to expand the Celebrity line by making three models: Celebrity I, Celebrity II, and Celebrity III. There were also Gospels and Dobro's that fell in the Celebrity family.

1966/1967 is about right for you guitar. It's much harder for me to get pot codes for the original Celebrity since it's a bit of work to get at them.

I won't go into all the detail between each model. When I get my website hosted again you can read much more on the site. I have a lot of additional information to add since the launch of the site in 2010.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

larsko

Postby larsko » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:38 am

Thanks! Yes will save the old tuners of course!
Had to hand the guitar in to a shop actually because one of the screws for the tuners didn't hold when i put them back in. Will do a live show at dec. 15. and need it back in good shape by then :)

(And on a side note, a quick anecdote:

I didn't know anything at all about mosrite guitars back when I bought it. I just liked it instantly.

And around the same time I started get into country music too. Hadn't listened much to it earlier. But when I saw Buck Owens in yellow suit and Don Rich on silver shiny telecaster I was sold. Man, that sound, those harmonies! ... yes the 'Bakersfield sound'.

I was literally blown away when Merle died now, and I sat reading about him online. I was reading about him in Bakersfield and then I learned that my Mosrite is actually made in Bakersfield!! What a surprise, and how the world suddenly made even more sense. There was a deeper meaning in buying that guitar! :D ;)
Lars
Proper Norwegian country music: https://open.spotify.com/artist/419ZIi3HuNUjER6vp4Duy1

Scoot

Postby Scoot » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:47 am

Cool man

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”