Semie made Ramones Mosrite

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Semie made Ramones Mosrite

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:35 pm

make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:16 am

You guys are killing me with all these great pictures of Mosrites I'll never see!
Every time I come across a bunch of shots like these,I just wanna go out and hit the shops looking for my next aquisition,and trust me, I spend more than enough money on guitars as it is.
Don't stop posting them though.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:43 am

yeah, exactly. from my understanding semie made one white ramones mosrite and one black one. and it was rumored that a few extra run offs were sold in local music store in NYC.
if I can't find one, I'm making a clone!
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:48 am

oipunkguy wrote:yeah, exactly. from my understanding semie made one white ramones mosrite and one black one. and it was rumored that a few extra run offs were sold in local music store in NYC.
if I can't find one, I'm making a clone!

Well, there are a few Threads on how to make these guitars, and if you have any questions,
you just might want to talk to Danny "the SCRATCH KING." Every BLOODY thing that he has made,
was from Scratch :shock: FUZZ boxes, guitars, Bass guitar, restoring or recovering amps when
he's not making something else! Yep Dub, ya got a NEW name...."the SCRATCH KING."
I guess I got inspired when I was watching a Classic Movie 2 nites ago...."the Great Escape."
Everyone had a nickname......I Like that!!!! :mrgreen:

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:54 am

I've restored some guitars myself, I haven't put the stuff up here, cuz it's been stuff like strats, mustangs, les pauls, etc. but if anyone wants to see pics, let me know.
Cheers,
Aaron

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:37 am

oipunkguy wrote:I've restored some guitars myself, I haven't put the stuff up here, cuz it's been stuff like strats, mustangs, les pauls, etc. but if anyone wants to see pics, let me know.

........................... :shock: ....................uhmmm.......................

I can tell that you REALLY haven't gone through our Forum.... :roll: .....OK, all seriousness aside, you definitely need to have a little fun and go through this Website. There's so much info on board this Forum, that the second time you go through it, you'll find stuff that you had missed the 1st time around!! To make a long story short, check out the "Other Instruments and Equipment" Thread. By ALL means, please post the PIX and share with us some of the projects that you have done, you can post them here at this Thread: ;)
viewforum.php?f=16&st=0&sk=t&sd=d&start=0

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:08 pm

alrighty, cool. I'll do that.
Cheers,
Aaron

— Mark Twain

Brian
Top Producer

Postby Brian » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:35 am

oipunkguy wrote:the one that johnny had (the ramones model) had one bridge pickup angled like a neck pickup. that's the one I'm after!!!!

Did Mosrite ever make the Ventures II with a slanted bridge pickup? Aside from Johnny Ramone's guitar I've never seen another one with it. (besides the reissues) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that this may have been a custom "modification" that was done to his guitar. If you watch early Ramones footage (live performances, and even in Rock 'n Roll High School) His white Mosrite has two, straight pickups without pole screws (the same as every other Ventures II I've ever seen).

Then sometime around 1980 the slanted pickup started to appear, so my question is. Did Mosrite ever make a Ventures II that came straight from the factory with a slanted bridge pickup? If they did has anyone seen another guitar like this and did Johnny Ramone switch guitars sometime in 1980 or just get a new pickguard made with a slanted pick up in it?

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:20 pm

Brian had asked:
Did Mosrite ever make the Ventures II with a slanted bridge pickup?

Brian, in a nutshell...No.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that this may have been a custom "modification" that was done to his guitar.

Correct. Johnny had eliminated the RARE TREM System (on the MARK IIs) and had installed a Seymour Duncan 'bucker in the Neck Position and a DiMarzio Single Coil in the Bridge, with 2 different knob controls as well ;) .
Did Mosrite ever make a Ventures II that came straight from the factory with a slanted bridge pickup? If they did has anyone seen another guitar like this and did Johnny Ramone switch guitars sometime in 1980 or just get a new pickguard made with a slanted pick up in it?

Brian, Mosrite did not make a Ventures II with a slanted pickup (neck or bridge). However Mosrite made a Ramones Model with a Slanted Bridge Pickup. Mosrite had made a couple of prototypes, BUT!!! This is THE ONLY Ramones Model that I have seen made by Semie, with THE SLANTED BRIDGE PICK-UP..... :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV36nEcoDXw

Brian
Top Producer

Postby Brian » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:12 pm

Ok, I was thinking of the white "Ventures II" that he always played, not those few "Ramones" models... Funny, since that's what this post was originally about (ha.) I guess seeing that picture of that all Original V2 put up by "DorkRockRecords" had an effect of sorts on my brain and I couldn't get back on topic. :)

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”