Here's my Brass Rail

101Volts
Master Contributor

Re: Here's my Brass Rail

Postby 101Volts » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 pm

t-bone wrote:Who here can deny a Mosrite Rescue? I would really love to see what you will do with this endeavor. I was always intrigued by the three pickup/three switch Mosrite setups, the three slanted pickups always caught my eye. Please keep us updated.

Will do; here's a link:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7498

Also, on the subject of Brass Rails and the individual Blues Bender body I bought:

I took the pickups, pickguard, bridge and tailpiece off my Brass Rail Deluxe #10 to compare it to the Blues Bender body. It appears as though the neck on this Brass Rail extends to the bridge screw holes and just under part of the tailpiece (including two out of four tailpiece screw holes) if judging by the cracking in the finish is accurate. It's not too much unlike a Gibson Firebird that has the same piece of wood as both the neck and center of the body; after all, the neck wood on a Brass Rail extends to the bridge and part of the tailpiece but not necessarily the whole center of the body.

The Blues Bender body might have been mistaken for a Brass Rail by an employee or maybe they just used it to practice making the Brass Rail rout on, I'm not sure. The funny thing to me is that it was painted as though it were going to be used but there's also paint where a Brass Rail set neck would have been. Aren't you supposed to leave that exposed if you're gluing on it? Also, there are screw holes for a neck and strap pins but there are no screw holes for a pickguard.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”