Brian
Top Producer

Re: Artie's new acquisition

Postby Brian » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:03 pm

Brian
Top Producer

Postby Brian » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:09 pm

I read that the green guitar I posted above was made in '95.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:19 pm

that looks like the one. you guys are quick with these pictures. good job!!!

:P
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:04 pm

Brian said:

where did you ever see an early ventures 2 with a regular trem? there was on that was sold on ebay (this was a reproduction model) and it was made in 95. It had the made in the USA tags, like the mosrites semie was making in the early 90's. except this slab ventures 2 had a regular trem on it, it's the only one I ever saw with one. one other thing, this model was GREEN!!!

I wonder if it was a unofficial 30th anniversary model. did anyone else see this rare remake

thanks for the photo, looks cool, never seen it. the V II that I've seen photos of, and I believe it belongs to the fillmore guy, is white with a Moseley tp, this one obviously has a vibramute. If this was built in the 90's, it's the only remake from that time period with correct(at least correct looking) pickups. If Semie made this, he obviously had some parts lying around to assemble it, Andy Moseley may have even had some of these pickups. When I visited Loretta back in 97, she had at least one early V II tp and a couple of very warped V II necks. All of the V II copies I've seen from the 90's are made to look like Johnny Ramones, not like this one. Does anyone know where this came from and who owns it?

It's only a guess on my part that one or more may have had a vibramute from the factory, entirely possible, just haven't seen one. As for the one with the Moseley. maybe the owner put it on himself, mine has a solid Moseley tp on it now. I'll probably put the original back on soon.

Every Mark V I've ever seen has a short scale, the Ventures II's, both versions, do not have a short scale. That is the difference, besides the obvious differences.

Whoever has a Mark V out there, measure the scale and post it, I'll measure my V II later and post the length.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:34 pm

oipunkguy wrote:[i]
Aaron, that's almost correct, however Mosrite was using the 'MARK Series Tag' on their
Celebrities and Combo's as well. Each
Model had a MARK I, with a possibility of II and/or III. ;)
[/i]
see now dennis, there you go again, missing with me. lol. this crap gets confusing, thanks Semie.
from my understanding that the celebrities were named just simply celebrity I, II, or II, etc. that the joe maphis model was also called the combo I, II, etc, and the mark name was reserved for the ventures style guitar.
is there a mark name for the joe maphis double neck? perhaps a mark XVIII? maybe a double neck mosrite with an octave guitar side would also be a XVIII, but you just have to say it in a high pitch voice....
who decided the names of these guitar undoubtedly spent too much time in the spray room sniffing lacquer fuses....
:D

:oops: I did a TYPO on the "MARK I with the possibility of a II or III" referring to the Celebrity Series, my apologies. BUT, every Model DID have a MARK Series. OK....Hopefully, this will help with the MARK series, and yes you called the correct model on the Doubleneck ;) .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 pm

nice photos dennis when is that catalog from? i see that you could get a double-neck with a bass neck.. i wonder if any one has seen such a thing (besides the monster thing that dubtrub showed us a while back) well back to great mark 2 debate..if that is what you call them i don't know anymore..

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:10 pm

Brutus posted:
i see that you could get a double-neck with a bass neck.. i wonder if any one has seen such a thing (besides the monster thing that dubtrub showed us a while back)

YEAH!! Danny had posted a while back a PIC of a Trio. And the Girl (Bass?) Player was playing
a Doubleneck (Bass Neck and :oops: 12 or 6 Neck?). It was a WILD PIC :shock: .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Man.... there are so many treasures out there in the either waiting to be found/rescued/discovered. i think thats half the fun of being a Mosrite fan... treasure hunting-!! the Mark 2 slab being the rarest.. i think we would all agree. (Bakersfield era that is.)

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:20 am

you guys wanna hear something crazy. a good friend of mine is a big time vintage guitar collector. He's old band even opened for Metallica back in the day, and he's a close friend of the Dave Growl and the Foo Fighters. Anyway, he went to a music store one day in Arizona, and found several vintage guitars in a this attic, apparently forgotten. theses were all kinds of guitars, gibsons, fenders, and MOSRITES!!! these were instruments that hadn't even been taken out of it's original shipping boxes!!! somewhere out there is mosrites looking to be resurrected.
Cheers,
Aaron

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:22 am

:oops: I did a TYPO on the "MARK I with the possibility of a II or III" referring to the Celebrity Series, my apologies. BUT, every Model DID have a MARK Series. OK....Hopefully, this will help with the MARK series, and yes you called the correct model on the Doubleneck ;) .

so you really did have to talk in a high pitched voice then to order an octave guitar doubleneck????? ;)
Cheers,
Aaron

— Mark Twain

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”