info on my Mosrite???????????

Jes

info on my Mosrite???????????

Postby Jes » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi All I am a new guy and My name is Jes.

I was hoping someone could give me some advice.

The Pastor of our church and his mom a missionary in Brazil for the last 40 years were very good friends with Reverend Boatwright. They both had been on me to buy a Mosrite guitar. Our Pastor has a Dobro, Mark I, and a Mosrite bass. I bought this Mark II from a pawn shop last year. I have not been able to find any information on the web about this particular model. Can you help me out with some information and her value?

The reason I want to know is that I have decided to sell her. My wife and I are moving overseas to the mission field and I am only going to keep 2 electric guitars, a Reverend Manta Ray (my first guitar) and a Fender Strat (it is very versatile). I want to sell this guitar to someone who will appreciate it and play it. It is really hard parting with her but I could not imagine locking her up in a storage bin for the next 20 years only to pull the girl out and play it every other year when we come back home.

I have plenty of pictures except I cannot figure out how to post them here. The headstock says Mosrite of California and the serial number is 5013. She is teal and in decent shape.

Thanks

khai123

Re: info on my Mosrite???????????

Postby khai123 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi Jes, welcome to the board! Great to see someone who has ties to the other half of the Mosrite legacy (brand name at least), by the serial number I'm guessing this is a Mark V, but that's a mid-60's Mark I model neck, unless the 5 you see at the beginning is actually a B. I'll put 2 pictures on here and you can compare them and tell which yours is. Hope this helps!
or

LoveyX
Top Producer

Postby LoveyX » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:16 pm

Jes,

Here's some info on how to post pictures.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53

It's more likely you may get some opinions about what you have- not so a value.

You may look up what similar instruments are going for on ebay to get a price point if there are any available.

Or you can send me the mosrite and I'll take goood care of her for you! :D I'd play her as often as I can!

Any way good luck with your mission, where are you going to be going?

FrankJames
Top Producer

Postby FrankJames » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Welcome to the forum !!

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:36 am

Jes wrote:Hi All I am a new guy and My name is Jes.

I was hoping someone could give me some advice.

The Pastor of our church and his mom a missionary in Brazil for the last 40 years were
very good friends with Reverend Boatwright.

I have plenty of pictures except I cannot figure out how to post them here. The headstock says
Mosrite of California and the serial number is 5013. She is teal and in decent shape.

Thanks
Welcome "Jes." I as well as the rest of 'the Band' (the Forum) would love to hear more about your Pastor
of your Church and his Mom a missionary in Brazil for the past 40 years who were very good friends with
Reverend Boatwright..........................
You may have a key role as to what may have happened to Reverend Boatwright, and Mo' History..........
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Richard A

Postby Richard A » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:08 am

Resurrecting this thread because I have been trying to find out information about The Reverend Ray Boatwright, and haven't come up with much. Does anyone know what became of him, or his family? The only thing I have unearthed is the below article, which I sincerely hope isn't the same Ray Boatwright; it is a 1980 UPI article which states that a Reverend Ray Boatwright, 65, was shot to death in his car in Inglewood, CA.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/12/20 ... 377672400/
1966 Ventures II German Carve (B546)
2004 Fillmore Johnny Ramone Forever
2014 Fillmore 65th Anniversary (2017) prototype

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:01 am

Richard A wrote:Resurrecting this thread because I have been trying to find out information about The Reverend Ray Boatwright, and haven't come up with much. Does anyone know what became of him, or his family? The only thing I have unearthed is the below article, which I sincerely hope isn't the same Ray Boatwright; it is a 1980 UPI article which states that a Reverend Ray Boatwright, 65, was shot to death in his car in Inglewood, CA.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/12/20 ... 377672400/

I'm afraid that's the last I heard of Reverend Boatright (not "Boatwright," as the page says.) I'm not sure if it's the truth, though I thought it is. I'm a bit surprised if he died in June 1980, though. I thought he died in the 60s.

The thing is, Christians are supposed to be loving of Christ and Church and People to the bitter end, regardless if they get tortured and/or killed mercilessly - just like Jesus Christ. But they're also supposed to not tell everything to those who either won't understand, or will have their heart in the wrong place (hence the Bible quotes "don't give what is holy unto dogs" [not modern dogs, but wild ones that ravage livestock,] and the quote "don't toss your pearls in front of swine who will toss them aside and trample you,") because those other people would then cause much trouble and prevent Christianity (and love from it) from continuing in some way if they think they can get away with it. Or they might just want "revenge" for something that the person's innocent of.

As an example for how things can be mis-interpreted and mis-represented and mis-understood (which might incur a fool's wrath: )

The English term and translation "and you shall fear the LORD," well, it has not aged well over 400+ years. The English word "Fear" did not mean "Fear" in modern-day terms back then, it also meant "Revere" or "Reverence" or "Awe." So that's one easy way of people mis-understanding the Bible by trying to work with it with a wrong interpretation, and it can and will cause distress, which can possibly lead someone who is shady (or is going with shady characters) to commit murder.

As an addendum, I do read the Bible, but I have to admit (with encouragement from my Mother) that Language has changed much over the last 4,000 years. Not everything even in English now means what it did even 200 years ago, let alone 2,000 years ago when there were other languages used. The point is, some subtleties written in Hebrew might be omitted from modern day translations; subtleties which actually change much when examined closely.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:25 am

Welcome to the forum!
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom