Saw a HUGE Mosrite collection on Saturday!

FritzCat
Top Producer

Saw a HUGE Mosrite collection on Saturday!

Postby FritzCat » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:26 pm

At the advice of our fearless leader Danny I visited Front Porch Music this weekend when I was in Bakersfield for a wedding. There must have been at least 50 Mosrites up on the wall, and 8 or 10 Mosrite amps in various places around the floor. As I only had a short time to spare I wasn't able to ask the staff about them, and unfortunately I didn't bring my camera with me. Still, I was able to see some stuff I didn't know existed, like a 5 string Combo bass, and a really odd Joe Maphis model that had the horns curving inward towards the neck.

Due to the amount of dust on everything I doubt they were up for sale, and they were hung on the wall up by the ceiling which prevented close inspection. It was like going into an eccentric uncle's attic. But I would definitely recommend going to this store, if only to gaze at something you can't have.

Bob K

Re: Saw a HUGE Mosrite collection on Saturday!

Postby Bob K » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:36 pm

I've been to the store - several years ago. Artie Niesen is the owner and a really nice guy. I'm sure he picked up most of those guitars dirt cheap over the years. I doubt that he will ever sell any of them. I'd like to have that Ventures bass #5000.
Bob

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”