Possible Mosrite electric tenor guitar?

Gretschster

Re: Possible Mosrite electric tenor guitar?

Postby Gretschster » Mon May 07, 2012 12:54 am

No. It looked like a small standard Ventures style upside down stratocaster in sunburst. Maybe it was a ukulele but my recollection was that it was too big for that.

Also, I would question the authenticity of that ukulele in the thread you pointed me to. The Guild knobs are only the beginning. If I can get my hands on a photo of the instrument I'm talking about you'll see that it's the real deal.

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Mon May 07, 2012 1:04 am

I assure you the mando/uke in the other thread is genuine. Looking forward to seeing what you turn up.

customxke

Postby customxke » Mon May 07, 2012 8:22 am

Gretschster wrote:No. It looked like a small standard Ventures style upside down stratocaster in sunburst. Maybe it was a ukulele but my recollection was that it was too big for that.

Also, I would question the authenticity of that ukulele in the thread you pointed me to. The Guild knobs are only the beginning. If I can get my hands on a photo of the instrument I'm talking about you'll see that it's the real deal.

More than a couple of early Mosrites had Guild knobs.

Gretschster

Postby Gretschster » Mon May 07, 2012 11:33 pm

dorkrockrecords wrote:I assure you the mando/uke in the other thread is genuine. Looking forward to seeing what you turn up.

I indeed stand corrected. I looked at that thread about pre Ventures Mosrites pinned to the top of this section from Deke and saw a whole side of Semie Mosley I didn't know existed. I didn't realize he took such a cue from Paul Bigsby.

Upon reflection I think a big part of my problem was first, when I was actively buying in the late 80s and early 90, no Mosrites came my way at a price I liked and second, my brother had that Ventures bass which I thought was not so good.

The last guitar posted by Dubtrub in the Deke Dickerson pinned link looks pretty much how I remember the tenor(?) guitar I saw to have looked. Having now learned from poking around this site that Semie Mosley made so many custom guitars like Bigsby that he would make a guitar for my friend's dad makes perfect sense.

I'll renew my efforts to get some more info and pics on that guitar.

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”