Mosrite owners list

Damon67

Mosrite owners list

Postby Damon67 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:22 pm

I talked to Bob Kothenbeutel today. He was my first big help on finding info for my Mosrite. I met him back in the mid 90s. I'm trying to get him to sign up here. Occasionally he has a Mosrite or 2 for sale too.

If you're unfamiliar with Bob, have a look at "the list"

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/mochizuki/kiyoshi/kiyoshi/mosriteowner/ownerlist.html
My Guitars
Bellevue,WA

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Mosrite owners list

Postby dubtrub » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:32 pm

We do have it posted in the 'links' forum. But it doesn't hurt to remind folks again.
:arrow: 'Dating your Mosrite'

Hope he joins the forum. Love watching the forum grow with people that have an active interest. ;)
Danny Ellison

Damon67

Postby Damon67 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:01 am

I'd love to have him join as well. He was a great help to me when I first met him. Bob's local, so I'm hoping to meet up with him soon. It was 10+ years ago when I first showed him Bobby in pieces.

I'd love to see #0016 up close and personal. The things mint! It's almost so nice that it bothers me. It should have been played more.
My Guitars
Bellevue,WA

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:06 am

Woe! :shock: Damon, we gotta talk to Bob and get him on the Forum. There are a LOT of cosmetic differences
between #16 & #38. The Black Sidejack Scratchplate, no "Mosrite of California" on the Vibramute base plate,
the Wooden Nut that supposedly was replaced in the early #003x S/Ns, but I have seen a few after #0038 STILL
with the wood type. Of course, this might be one of Uncle Semie's first transitions?? And of course, the toggle
switch and Guild Knobs are obvious.
Damon, that's very interesting! It really would be great (and educational with his Collection!) to have Bob join
the Community :mrgreen: .BTW Damon, do you by chance know when Mosrite might of changed the 'concave/convex'
thing (the German Carve) underneath the Pickguard?? I'd like to find out some info about that ;) .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:41 pm

wow!!!!!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:14 pm

OK, so now that I've got the drooling under control, I hope Bob might be able to enlighten us on some of the differences between the earlier and later Mosrites - do the neck profiles and widths change by year or is there more variance from guitar to guitar within each year? How much do the pickups change in output and tone? How exactly does the vibramute mute work - it looks hinged on one side, so how do you set it on/off? Does it mute the strings well or does it throw the pitch sharp?

Questions, questions, questions.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”