Brass Rail guitars

The Jester

Re: Brass Rail guitars

Postby The Jester » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

My Brass Rail is back on eBay if anyone wants it.

Here is the link to the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 320wt_1165

It is not cheap, but I am not selling it for more than what I paid. I am not ripping anyone off. I will ship this Worldwide, with insurance.
If any of you bid for it, good luck. If I get rich overnight, or I feel my health is improving enough for me not to have to leave my job, the guitar will be removed from the eBay.

101Volts
Master Contributor

Re: Brass Rail guitars

Postby 101Volts » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:48 pm

Well, 8 and 3/4 years later I'm bumping this topic up again since this is the topic where most Brass Rail discussion should go.

Recently (if you've been looking at threads here,) I bought a Blues Bender body from Gonkulator that has a curious rout in it (keep reading.)

With that in mind I was wondering why in the world the rout went all the way to the tailpiece area so I decided to compare it to my Brass Rail Deluxe #10: I then looked under the pickups, pickguard, bridge and tailpiece of my Brass Rail and it turns out that the neck wood appears to go all the way under the pickups and pickguard to two out of four of the tailpiece screws on this individual Brass Rail. I can't say for sure that this is definitely how it was constructed but if the finish cracking under the tailpiece area is accurate to where the neck wood ends and the body wood begins, that's how this guitar is made .

Considering the construction of this individual guitar, you might compare it to a Gibson Firebird to an extent; a Firebird's neck and center piece of the body are all the same piece of wood according to what I've read. This Brass Rail isn't the same but the bridge and part of the tailpiece appear to be screwed in to the neck wood even though the rest of the body isn't the same piece.

One more note: the bottom of the neck pickup on Brass Rail Deluxe #10 reads "Ed Moseley" and "10 76" or "19 76" on it.

Discussion of the Blues Bender body I bought shouldn't go here (for the most part) but I'm guessing someone mistook it for a Brass Rail or they used it for practice, I don't know the story though.

Finally, here's my Blues Bender build topic if you're interested:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7498

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”