Mosrite Factory 88 + Semie Live footage

saf

Re: Mosrite Factory 88 + Semie Live footage

Postby saf » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:58 am

thanks for sharing great to see the man in his humble factory

mosriter

Postby mosriter » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi. My name is Michel Perillard who is the video producer & editor of " A day with Semie Moseley " on YouTube. I am a great Ventures and Mosrite fan since 1960. I got some video's of Ventures tribute who most of them are played with my 1966 Mosrite Joe Maphis Semie prototype who is a transition test from The Ventures-Combo Model. I am trying to preserve the Ventures-Mosrite 60's sound. Search for Brassardois on YouTube. Thanks to all for your very good comments for this Semie video clips and to Austin to have mention my YouTube nick name I still have the complete non edited version and Michael Waters & Danzill Anderson JR still got the guitars from this video. Thanks. ;)

Mosrite87

Postby Mosrite87 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:58 am

And I'm Mosrite87, new member, and aka Michael Waters. I'm the guy in the Semie video who bought the white Mosrite that day. Back of the headstock is autographed by Semie: "Mosrite Forever 1987, Semie Moseley".

After The Ventures performance at The Birchmere on March 15, 2006, I had Don, Nokie, Leon, and Bob S. autograph the body of this guitar.

Hope you enjoyed the video. Glad we have it to remember Semie and that great day.

Mike

Mosrite87

Postby Mosrite87 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:07 am

LewdDude wrote:Dude! not only is the cool! it's the first M88 to roll off the line baby! HOLY CRAP! wonder who has it now! he even says the serial "P088" prototype of the coolest Mosrite ever built to boot! Sweet! Thanx for this!

To the best of my knowledge, the Prototype 88 is still in North Carolina. This video was shot in November 1988 with Denzil acquiring the P88 for his son's Christmas present. Last time I talked to Denzil, his son still had it. And I still have the white Ventures model.

(Hey, I waited 24 years for the opportunity to get this guitar and I never dreamed I'd be buying from the Man himself. So, these aren't going anywhere.)

DRBILL

Postby DRBILL » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:36 am

For those that were never privy to Semie's picking ability - you have to see this - AWESOME... One other thing EDDIE VAN HALEN was NOT the 1st guitarist to "invent" tapping - as evidenced by this vid... ;)

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:13 pm

I can't see the video but I do know that Jimmie Webster was "tapping" years before EVH was born.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:51 pm

....and Roy Smeck was known for using this technique on his Ukelele in the 30s.... :o .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Sir Woofsalot

Postby Sir Woofsalot » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Great Post 101volts!

A couple of buddies and I lived in Corcoran, CA north of Bakersfield in the 60's when Mosrite was blowin and goin. We've had Semie work on our guitars more than once. I also took my guitar to him to adjust when he had a little hole in the wall in Pumpkin Center, and also on East Sumner. That was the last I saw of him.

But I heard him play and sing and he was quite good at both. I met his girl, Dana, in Bakersfield in the late 90's when she rented a truck from the place where we worked. We shared a lot of memories together. She was a really nice girl. Raised by a great dad!

But I don't think I've ever seen anyone who could equal Semie. I guess you've seen the surf guitars he made for Strawberry? And the crutch guitar he made for Barbar Mandrell?

Nope! Nothin like a Mosrite!

Sir George

cmiller0034
Top Producer

Postby cmiller0034 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 am

Straight forward and honest. My kinda guy.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."- a wise man

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”