Question for our Japanese friends

dubtrub
Administrator

Question for our Japanese friends

Postby dubtrub » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Are the top three guitars on this web site real 60's Mosrite's or are they reproductions? They certainly look like originals. :arrow: Mosrite Japan

I tried to translated the site but it came out as gibberish.
Danny Ellison

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Re: Question for our Japanese friends

Postby dorkrockrecords » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:26 am

First off, I'm not Japanese, but I am a friend.

According to the site, the top three Mosrites are the genuine article.

1) 1963 Sidejack - serial number 0108 (of about 300 produced). The site creator refers to this one as number "shakuhachi." The shakuhachi is a traditional Japanese bamboo flute that takes its name from its length (which is roughly 1.8 feet). So, 10/10 + 8/10 = 0108 (let's think outside the box, people).

2) 1964 Mark I - serial number 0905 (of about 800 produced). Made in the Winter of 1964. This guitar was originally sunburst but refinished pearl white. One-piece neck.

3) 1965 12-string - serial number T097. Made sometime between the Winter of 1965 and the Spring of 1966 (the neck is a '65 but the body is stamped '66). This guitar was originally metallic blue but refinished pearl white. One-piece neck.

Time for you boys to start learning Japanese. ;)
Adam

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:25 am

Nokie and I have talked about this page before. He wasn't too happy about the Fillmore 2000 Nokie model. There were some disagreement and production stopped, only a few were made (but Fillmore might have made a few more and sold in Japan :twisted: ) I bought one of the very first ones (Sunburst one on the back of Vintage Mosrite) from Nokie but did not get the guitar yet (Nokie needs to find the bridge and vibrator bar which is in his storage) Nokie joked about the upside down horseshoe logo Fillmore made by mistake. He said that's bad luck.... :o

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:21 am

dorkrockrecords wrote:
Time for you boys to start learning Japanese. ;)
Adam

You got to be kidding. I have a hard enough time with Inglish :lol:
Danny Ellison

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”