Mosrite Socks!!

Dennisthe Menace

Mosrite Socks!!

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:17 am

1987 NOS Mosrite Ventures Model - $6500
1987 Mosrite Ventures Model - This is a RARE collectable. It is a New Old Stock 1987 Mosrite, includes notarized documents and original invoices for the guitar. It is serial number 8637. It also includes the very rare hand knit "Mosrite Sock". It was built in North Carolina 1986/87, hand-made by Semie Moseley and signed under the finish on the back of the headstock. It has been in storage in Morganton, NC since it was made. Includes notarized documents.
Has Anybody ever heard of a "Mosrite Sock??"
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Mosrite Socks!!

Postby dubtrub » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:15 pm

This is the closest thing that I can show as a Mosrite sock. It came with the guitar when it was purchased by my brother in 1965 but I don't have a clue of it's origin. Looks professionally made. Well, at least it did when it was new. This guitar is now in my collection.

Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:09 pm

WoW! I was always wanting to know what the heck those things looked like. ;)
BTW Danny, have you removed the Neck Plate yet???
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:WoW! I was always wanting to know what the heck those things looked like. ;)
BTW Danny, have you removed the Neck Plate yet???

No, I came close but decided not to. I didn't want to risk cracking the finish as I know the plate has never been off the guitar. It has the screw on cover plate. It was even hard for me to de-solder the rear pickup to remove it and send off for rewinding. Nothing has ever been touched inside the guitar, it had a major build up of oxidization on all the electrical components. But I couldn't stand not to have it working, so I cleaned the electronics with a fine brass wire brush and removed the pickup. Judging by the evidence, It would be my guess that some type of beverage got spilled on or into the pickup causing it to short out. I'll sure be glad to get the pickup back from Ed Elliot and into the guitar.
Danny Ellison

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”