I Beg Your Pardon?!?!?

Dennisthe Menace

I Beg Your Pardon?!?!?

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:08 am

buck_owens_210.jpg

Buck Owens was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1996. Also in that year, he opened The Crystal Palace in Bakersfield which he operated until his death in 2006.

Buck Owens is regarded as one of the most influential
and ground-breaking artists in country music.

"Hee Haw"

Buck Owens Owned The First Mosrite Guitar Ever Made

1971 Buck Owens American
Red White & Blue

The original Buck Owens guitar which was used on the show was a custom built by Semie Moseley of Mosrite Guitars.

Here are quotes from Buck Owens website.
In 1966 Buck and The Buckaroos had their instruments painted red, white and blue, an extension of Buck’s innate patriotism. When these instruments were seen on Hee Haw, guitar manufacturers began making offers to him to market a guitar in those colors. Though Buck used a red, white and blue acoustic guitar built for him by Semie Moseley of Mosrite Guitars, his business sense told him an expensive model of that type wouldn’t sell to the public."

He finally licensed Chicago Musical Instruments (makers of the Gibson guitars) to market a $99 acoustic model, and received a $2.50 royalty on each sold. He knew that Sears would market them but had no idea they would sell as well as they did --until the first royalty check came. "The very first statement, they sent me $15,000," he laughs. "I said, ‘Oh, you mean THAT Sears!"

I have one of these guitars but it needs restoration. It is also a complete guitar that has never had the neck broken, has original pick guard and has had no modifications whatsoever. The back of this guitar has a dry crack that seams to be an easy fix.

Harmony Sovereign had made a reissue of this guitar called the American Pride which sold in 2005. It was a limited edition guitar and are starting to become a collectible because of the short production run. The colors of this guitar are a little different from the original Buck Owens. Red is deeper and not as bright and the blue is deeper as well. More like a navy blue than a royal blue.
I also have one of these in mint condition which as a bartolini 110 pickup and the input jack is in the strap nut not to molest the guitar.

............................................HUH??????? :shock: .................................
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: I Beg Your Pardon?!?!?

Postby dubtrub » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:39 pm

Dennis, where is this information coming from? Buck Owens owned the first Mosrite ever made? Yeah sure!

Who has one of these models that need restoring?

There is certainly a lot of misinformation out there that continues to fog the true Semie Moseley Mosrite history. I've read that the Red White & Blue Mosrites were Candy apple Red, Candy Blue and Pearl White, and were made as dealer demo copies to demonstrate the color sections available. I never heard that one before and find it hard to believe. I'd like to know where they got that information. Gene Moles told me he painted Buck Owens and Don Rich's R/W/B guitar's. Then he said he painted their guitars metal flake Gold. Fender says they painted Buck's and Don's Tele's metal flake Gold. Heck, before you know it I be telling everyone I painted them.

All I Do know is, I do not know the answer, and I doubt if anyone still living knows for certain.
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Re: I Beg Your Pardon?!?!?

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:32 pm

E.R.s Website..... :roll:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”