Gospel pics

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Re: Gospel pics

Postby Strat-o-rama » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:38 am

Thanks for showing that, Torana. Very cool color and style. Love the wood pickguard. It looks like it belongs in a worship band. :)
Paul, I thought the same thing about the burst/finish. Next Mr. Shade will have to offer a Firemist Gold with white pu covers.

handbrake
Top Producer

Postby handbrake » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:24 am

Sarah93003 wrote:I'm wondering how many forum members have a Gospel guitar from the Celebrity platform.

Handbrake, the one that you posted pictures of a few months ago, do you still have contact with the owner? I'd like to get the serial number and more pictures for my Celebrity project. Thanks!

Hi Sarah, I forget which guitar you're thinking of. I'm not in contact with any Gospel guitar owners, but I do have three Celebrity guitars myself.

GTSP
Top Producer

Postby GTSP » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:49 pm

That VIctory III is very, very neato.
In order of purchase:
1) Mosrite Ranger
2) V88
3) Stereo 350
4) Hallmark II in Johnny Blue
5) Danelectro '66
6) Celebrity III
7) Hallmark Gospel
8) Serenade
9) Eastwood 300

surfrider

Postby surfrider » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Very nice pictures, along with the usual super information! So glad I found this forum, it's nice to know I am not the only person bitten by the MoBug....

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:46 pm

surfrider wrote:Very nice pictures, along with the usual super information! So glad I found this forum, it's nice to know I am not the only person bitten by the MoBug....

MoBug....I like that.....but let's remember that this Forum put the Mo' in 'Mojo' :mrgreen: .....
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

pechalfant

Re: Gospel pics... wow

Postby pechalfant » Sun May 23, 2010 11:32 pm

I am new to this forum so I don't know how much interest there is in these victory I guitars. However, I am 99.9 percent sure that I know where the guitar in that picture is right now. I do know that there is at least one of those in exsistance. The guitar is absolutely immaculate. It kind of shocked me when I saw that picture. I played that guitar just a couple of months ago. It plays great!!

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Sun May 23, 2010 11:53 pm

pechalfant wrote:I am new to this forum so I don't know how much interest there is in these victory I guitars. However, I am 99.9 percent sure that I know where the guitar in that picture is right now. I do know that there is at least one of those in exsistance. The guitar is absolutely immaculate. It kind of shocked me when I saw that picture. I played that guitar just a couple of months ago. It plays great!!

Which guitar are you referring to, the Transparent Gold Gospel with the Celebrity body, or the solid body Gospel Encounter?
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

pechalfant

Postby pechalfant » Mon May 24, 2010 12:43 pm

I know who owns that guitar. My Father used to see Semie Mosley every year at the quartet convention in Menphis and then later in Nashville. My dad has a picture of the guitar and Semie Mosley wrote on the picture that the guitar he sold my dad was the guitar in the photo shown here. It is the gold Victory 1. He wrote the serial number of the guitar, which I don't know at this time. I will try to get a pic posted on here of it. It is in immaculate condition. I played it 2 months ago and well it plays like a Mosrite.

dorkrockrecords wrote:
brutus wrote:I love that gold Victory 1. anyone know who owns it?

Nope, but there was an almost identical one except with a third pickup on eBay a couple years back accompanied by the claim that it was "Semie's last guitar" and a pricetag of 30K. If I had a nickel for every time I saw "Semie's last guitar," I'd have a bunch o' nickels.

Adam

pechalfant

Postby pechalfant » Mon May 24, 2010 12:45 pm

I am referring to the gold victory 1 in the picture. I will try to get a pic of it on here if people would like to see it.

Sarah93003 wrote:
pechalfant wrote:I am new to this forum so I don't know how much interest there is in these victory I guitars. However, I am 99.9 percent sure that I know where the guitar in that picture is right now. I do know that there is at least one of those in exsistance. The guitar is absolutely immaculate. It kind of shocked me when I saw that picture. I played that guitar just a couple of months ago. It plays great!!

Which guitar are you referring to, the Transparent Gold Gospel with the Celebrity body, or the solid body Gospel Encounter?

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Okay, now I understand. You'll find out I'm the wacky one around here when it comes to anything related to the Celebrity models. I'm a big hollowbody fan!
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”