Hi everyone

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Re: Hi everyone

Postby dorkrockrecords » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:07 pm

What's the story on that Harvey Thomas?!

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:05 pm

The only time I've seen a Maltese Cross guitar similar to yours was in a Mott the Hoople clip back in the early 70's.
I've wanted one ever since.

http://www.myspace.com/rocks1977

http://www.myspace.com/kamikazekits

manuelortes

Postby manuelortes » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:06 am

Hi , thanks again for writting, we use some different echos, we have an binson echorec 2 and and a binson echorec 3 , the model 2 is a valve model but it´s not very good it sound wonderful but we have to repair it every two weeks, the model 3 its also plate echo solid state and sounds nice , we have a watkins copicat (this is Ok), but we use to record with a Roland Space echo.
The maltesse cross is not a Harvey thomas is a Cumella (luthier friend makes me) we have a Harvey thomas bass but now is on a repair.

Thanks.
1965 Burgundy Mosrite Ventures Guitar
1966 Sburst Mosrite Ventures Guitar
1967 Red Mosrite Ventures Guitar
1966 Red Mosrite Celebrity I Model
1967 Red Mosrite Combo Model
1967 Sburst Mosrite Joe Maphis Double neck
1965 Red Mosrite Ventures Bass

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:37 pm

manuelortes wrote:Hi , thanks again for writting, we use some different echos, we have an binson echorec 2 and and a binson echorec 3 , the model 2 is a valve model but it´s not very good it sound wonderful but we have to repair it every two weeks, the model 3 its also plate echo solid state and sounds nice , we have a watkins copicat (this is Ok), but we use to record with a Roland Space echo.
The maltesse cross is not a Harvey thomas is a Cumella (luthier friend makes me) we have a Harvey thomas bass but now is on a repair.

Thanks.

Two Binsons! I've never actually seen one in person. How would you say the sound compares to the Space Echo? Without a tape I assume the binson has less warble, but is the tonal quality of the repeats as good as with a tape echo? I had an RE101 Space Echo for a few years, but never could get the warble under control. I wound up selling it and getting on of the new digital RE20 Space Echos. I like the control interface, though the sound isn't quite as warm as the tape echo.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

manuelortes

Postby manuelortes » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi, in Europe is not very hard to find binson echos, they are italian and they sell alot in Spain. I really prefer tape echo than disk echo, and the roland space echo if works fine don´t make noises, the binsons make some noise (if you open you can cry, the soldered joint is trash is not like fenders or british makers of the era).

Greetings
1965 Burgundy Mosrite Ventures Guitar
1966 Sburst Mosrite Ventures Guitar
1967 Red Mosrite Ventures Guitar
1966 Red Mosrite Celebrity I Model
1967 Red Mosrite Combo Model
1967 Sburst Mosrite Joe Maphis Double neck
1965 Red Mosrite Ventures Bass

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”