What do I have here? Was found in 1923 barn rafters...

Mgregson

What do I have here? Was found in 1923 barn rafters...

Postby Mgregson » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi, I really wish I could send a picture of this "Elliot custom" guitar that my boyfriend found in the rafters of a good friends 1923 Barn. It is a cliche find story...but the truth! I've never seen anything like it as I searched online. ANYTHING you can tell us about it would be very appreciated. It is going to my 17 year old bass player son. It rocks pretty dang well as is. Amazing sound. That was a big surprise. So, we want to know what, if anything special it is? How, or if we should restore it? And really how collectable and cool this is. We're all guitar players but none of us have seen this particular type. Thanks for any information you have in advance!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aemrgrGcjTPhXvmLA

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: What do I have here? Was found in 1923 barn rafters...

Postby dubtrub » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:41 pm

Looks to be one of Ed Elliott's build from his early years. Ed is a forum member but rarely visits here anymore. Your bass is a Mosrite clone probable built by Ed from original Mosrite parts when the factory closed in 1968. I wouldn't refinish it other than get it playable. You can find Ed's contact info on the web. I'd contact him and get the story on that guitar. Here's a link where he chronicled how he builds his guitars, :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1581
Danny Ellison

Mgregson

Postby Mgregson » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:26 pm

Thank you so much. I contacted him via his facebook page and hopefully he'll get back to me. I didnt notice mosrite labeled parts but, that would be Super cool if it were made by him himself.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:27 pm

Try sending him a private message along with photos on his facebook guitar/mandolin page.

https://www.facebook.com/EdElliottsMosr ... age_invite
Danny Ellison

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”