New Memeber with a Ventures V88 custom color and signed

llwalsh

New Memeber with a Ventures V88 custom color and signed

Postby llwalsh » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Needing some help and was directed to this forum, i'm a Mosrite newbie. Hopefully i can get some information on finding a Moseley Vibramute or some sort of facsimile of one that would work.

The instrument in question is a V88 Ventures 6 string guitar in "Carolina Blue" with Ebony finger board (it's a beauty, i'll try and attach a photo). It came with a hard tail and i would prefer a vibrato. I contacted Roman Guitars but they don't have any in stock. So at this point my question is about finding either an original or copy of one, i've done some research but haven't had any luck. there is a seller on ebay and Reverb (Performance Music Company) but they seem adamant about their part not working on Mosrites (not sure if that implies one should "read between the lines" because of legal issues). My biggest worry is trying not to have to alter the instrument, aside from the replaced part (in other words i don't want to drill new holes).

Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated.

I've been waiting years to find a Mosrite and am thrilled that one finally came my way! This instrument was too good to pass up on, even without the bar.

thanks,
Lloyd

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Re: New Memeber with a Ventures V88 custom color and signed

Postby Sarah93003 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:47 pm

Welcome to the forum. That is a beautiful guitar!! You can always keep an eye on eBay as the tremolo's pop up every now and then. Also, contact Bob Shade at Hallmark Guitars and see if he has something that will work for you.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

FrankJames
Top Producer

Postby FrankJames » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:57 am

Welcome to the forum !!

llwalsh

Postby llwalsh » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:01 pm

thank you so much for the reply and kind words about the guitar, i'll reach out to Bob at Hallmark.

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:39 am

Hi, and welcome,
Bob Shade would be my first choice, BUT, I wouldn't change a thing on a classic hardtail Ventures Mosrite.
If you ever have problems with your instrument, Bob Shade is the man for restorations, overhauls, part replacements, and setups.

motiersbad
Valued Member

Postby motiersbad » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:27 am

I'm little confused. as far as i know a V88 looks different. Why you say its a V88? Looks like a Japan made but would be glad to hear some different from any one

VincentW

Postby VincentW » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:31 pm

Lovely colour! I remember a hard tail Ventures reissue from 1987 for sale at Fretted Americana a few years ago. Could you maybe make a photo of the back of the headstock? If it was made like this (with a hard tail) 30 years ago, I think I wouldn't change it, but of course that's up to you...

llwalsh

Postby llwalsh » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:46 pm

motiersbad wrote:I'm little confused. as far as i know a V88 looks different. Why you say its a V88? Looks like a Japan made but would be glad to hear some different from any one

It appears that it was made in Carolina, there is documentation. Also it’s signed on both the headstock and neck plate.
It may not be a V88, someone locally suggested it might be a logical conclusion based on the year and location it was made.

llwalsh

Postby llwalsh » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Strat-o-rama wrote:Hi, and welcome,
Bob Shade would be my first choice, BUT, I wouldn't change a thing on a classic hardtail Ventures Mosrite.
If you ever have problems with your instrument, Bob Shade is the man for restorations, overhauls, part replacements, and setups.

Thanks for the suggestion. I figure if the scewholes line up why not put a tremelo on it. The hard tail can always be put back on. If the holes don’t match up then it will remain as is.

llwalsh

Postby llwalsh » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:51 pm

VincentW wrote:Lovely colour! I remember a hard tail Ventures reissue from 1987 for sale at Fretted Americana a few years ago. Could you maybe make a photo of the back of the headstock? If it was made like this (with a hard tail) 30 years ago, I think I wouldn't change it, but of course that's up to you...

I’m currently out of town but when i get home I’ll attach a photo of the back of the headstock.

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”