New Member/Owner Here from the Washington DC Area

TimeyWimey

New Member/Owner Here from the Washington DC Area

Postby TimeyWimey » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:53 am

Hi everyone!

I'm the proud, ecstatic new owner of a Mosrite Ventures guitar. I just got it used yesterday at a great local shop, Action Music, and fell in love with it immediately.

I have very little data on it, and my first few searches online have been frustrating - I'm hoping folks on here can fill me in. As far as I can tell, it was made in the 90s or later (and still had the protective film on the pickguard, which I removed). Comparing it to pictures I found online, it looks like a Ventures 65 Reissue.

It plays wonderfully, and sounds great. My only issues are with the tremolo - I wish the handle would stay put like the ones on my Bigsbys do, and I wish the spring were slightly stiffer. It really sounds excellent through my Vox amp with the reverb cranked up, and I tried it in the store through a vintage Fender spring reverb unit, and I gotta get me one of those!

AZ Mike

Re: New Member/Owner Here from the Washington DC Area

Postby AZ Mike » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:49 pm

To fix that looser-than-desired tremolo arm, detune the strings about 2 frets, lift up a bit on the arm, and pull out the spring. Then prop the piece the arm bolts to. Then remove the screw that holds the arm. You can either use a needle-nose style of vicegrips or a small offset screwdriver. Remove the screw, take it to a hardware store and get one the same thread and length, but with a regular socket head. After threading the new bolt through to the arm, you can now tighten it with a wrench to the resistance you want.

FrankJames
Top Producer

Postby FrankJames » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Welcome to the forum !!

panther
Top Producer

Postby panther » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:01 am

Welcome to our world.

Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:48 pm

Welcome to the forum! Was this the sky blue model they had in the store? It's the only newer model I've seen in that store, but I also rarely get to Fall Church these days.
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”