Photos have disappeared

Gonkulator

Re: Photos have disappeared

Postby Gonkulator » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:42 am

I still have all of my pictures in my Photobucket account. As far as I understand you just won't be able to link out to those pictures anymore.

If you still have access to your pictures in your Photobucket account, I suggest saving them and uploading them to more friendly sites, such as imgur.com. I don't trust Flickr enough though.

If anyone doesn't have the hard drive space to download all your photos and re-upload them I'd be happy to do so. Anything to help save all of those pictures.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:00 am

The sad part about all this is those hundreds if not thousands of photos posted over the past nine years are no longer viewable and 99% of those members that posted them no longer visit this site to re-upload them to the forum. Many were technical photos that explained things the way no words ever could. It's difficult to rebuild the wealth of information that we've lost from the old days when we were experiencing 15 to 30 new post per day to now a handful of members that post 2 to 3 new post per month. I'm not sure it's worth the effort and fee to keep the forum operational much longer. Social media such as facebook has dominated the scene with their group discussion forums and blogs and forums such as this seem to be a thing of the past.
Danny Ellison

Gonkulator

Postby Gonkulator » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:41 pm

I'd be happy to help out to keep it up and running.

dubtrub wrote:The sad part about all this is those hundreds if not thousands of photos posted over the past nine years are no longer viewable and 99% of those members that posted them no longer visit this site to re-upload them to the forum. Many were technical photos that explained things the way no words ever could. It's difficult to rebuild the wealth of information that we've lost from the old days when we were experiencing 15 to 30 new post per day to now a handful of members that post 2 to 3 new post per month. I'm not sure it's worth the effort and fee to keep the forum operational much longer. Social media such as facebook has dominated the scene with their group discussion forums and blogs and forums such as this seem to be a thing of the past.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:50 pm

There is a temporary solution to the photobucket issue. If you right click on the broken image photo, you can select an option to open the image in a new tab or window. Select one of these options and the image will open. It's a hassle, but at least all is not lost.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Eduardo Aguilu

Postby Eduardo Aguilu » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Postby SASouth » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:52 pm

This is a test of using Flickr

How did you do it? I use Flickr and I tried posting photos here but since I don't know the proper procedure nor can I find instructions on how to do it, I tried to put the photos' URLs after checking the URL box - no photo, then I tried putting the photos' URLs in the Img box and I still didn't see the photos. What was your procedure?

Since I tried it again and there's a message in red above this box that I'm writing in that says: It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

The size of the image in my first attempt is 1280X1024. I figured that the size of the image was larger than the allowed size on the forum. I looked at a smaller image, 543X599, and tried it again but the page wouldn't go so I removed the URLs to allow this message to post.

Does anyone know where I can find the uploading instructions and allowable image size?

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Try again using the img tag. I just changed image size to unlimited. Hopefully that will work for you.
Danny Ellison

Eduardo Aguilu

Postby Eduardo Aguilu » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:34 pm

I just tried by going to the photo at Flickr, copying the URL, back to a reply page here, clicked on the box showing Img and inserting the URL in the space between the codes and clicked on Preview and the photo was not there only the URL between the codes. Let's see if the URL appears or the photo develops (!).

Postby dubtrub » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:29 am

Try again using the img tag. I just changed image size to unlimited. Hopefully that will work for you.

Eduardo Aguilu

Postby Eduardo Aguilu » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:01 pm

I forgot to include the bare URL in case you wanted to experiment with it. I'm looking at the quoted material below and I see the URL between the [Img] codes. But in the reply prior to this one only the word "Image" appeared where the URL is showing now. Here's the Flickr URL for the photo:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129742536 ... ed-public/

Eduardo Aguilu wrote:I just tried by going to the photo at Flickr, copying the URL, back to a reply page here, clicked on the box showing Img and inserting the URL in the space between the codes and clicked on Preview and the photo was not there only the URL between the codes. Let's see if the URL appears or the photo develops (!).

Postby dubtrub » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:29 am

olrocknroller
Top Producer

Postby olrocknroller » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:24 pm

Its my guess that "FREE" is soon to become extinct. I have noticed an alarming increase in previously free sites either wanting donations, membership, or personal info that they then sell to whomever...
Olrocknroller

Picure

Postby Picure » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:25 am

Test using Dropbox

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”