help

rubbertankboy

help

Postby rubbertankboy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:52 am

i want to upload a picture of me and my beloved mosrite but its proving very difficult, or am i dumb? how do i use the img? also i have bought a new string guide but the spacing is smaller than the original, where can i find the bigger one? bob shade no doubt? thanks

tbiz

Re: help

Postby tbiz » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:26 am

Yeah this is a very frustrating topic for those new to this forum as there is no instruction whatsoever. Basically you will need to upload your pics to a third party online site such as Photobucket, or Shutterfly or the like. Then you can share the URL of the individual pics. You will need to copy and paste the URL between the two [img] prompts.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to the forum!

rubbertankboy

Postby rubbertankboy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:46 pm

thanks a lot! as soon as i get my guitar from london, i will start a video blog of the restoration on youtube for all to see.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Here's an outdated topic from 2008 on posting photo's. :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53
Danny Ellison

rubbertankboy

Postby rubbertankboy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:19 pm

this was very helpful! photo will follow soon, thank you very very much!

rubbertankboy

Postby rubbertankboy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:34 pm

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/rubbertankboy/media/mos2_zpsuyugym3i.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0 i only have one picture of me and this guitar. as you may see? the pickups have no pole pieces? but have R for registered trademark on them, the headstock has R next to the logo so no doubt this is an original. my gess is its a 1968-69 model, maybe one of the last ones he made in 69? before bank bankruptcy, and used some parts laying around. whats weird is, instead of a serial number in the neck it said 2nd? never heard of this before, but no doubt in my mind its original. it was checked in all the right places and the case is for sure a mosrite case. what do you guys think? help me idntify this please. ALSO i need a string guide that is the right string spacing but im sure bob shade is the man to ask for a new bridge trem arm spring and guide. thanks to all for the help, and for having me.

rubbertankboy

Postby rubbertankboy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:00 pm

and i need to add, the pickguard had a thick black center, its not like a three ply pickguard so that tells me its real too. also the tuners were the diamond back style not kluson which are on earlyer models. and the trem system had a patent number, and was the mosley style. im sure it had a date once on the heal of the neck, but like a idiot i glued the neck in place because it always moved! the gap in the body either side of the heal of the neck was three millimeters at least! (dont hate me for glueing the neck on i got it off again no problem) so not one of his best pieces, but it was my mosrite and i bloody loved it! but its dead booo hooo but i will, and can fix it, i will i tell you!!! i think i know why it was a 2nd, on the top of the body in the wood itself it had a blem that was a dent really, it was quite visible. all that being said, it was the nicest playing guitar i have ever played and i have owned many guitars! gibsons fenders the lot, nothing played as well as this..... its a lot to take in i know sorry

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”