Hello From The Bronx...

Brian
Top Producer

Hello From The Bronx...

Postby Brian » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:58 pm

Allow me to introduce myself... I was born, raised, and currently live in The Bronx, NY. I've played in many bands since I was a teenager and recently took some time off to focus more on my other interests, building Hot Rods and Filmmaking. I own a couple of Mosrite guitars. (I think I did ok). ;)

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: Hello From The Bronx...

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:03 pm

Welcome Brian!

Tell us a bit about your guitars, your cars (some of us are enthusiasts as well) and films. A regular renaissance man, huh?

Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:22 pm

Welcome to the forum, Brian. Glad to have you join us.
Danny Ellison

Brian
Top Producer

Postby Brian » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:24 pm

I've got a '66 Ventures II (it's the earlier Mark V I'm assuming since it reads Ventures Model II on the head), I've got a black "Excellent" model, I changed out the neck plate for one with no logo, put a Vibramute on it, changed out the knobs and tuners. Pretty much pulled everything off that was different from an original '65. I've got one of those "Johnny Ramone" Slab body reissues (it says Mosrite and Ventures on it, so I believe it's from Japan). The price was too good to pass up. And I've got something else up my sleeve that I don;t want to let out of the bag just yet.

Cars... I've been building Hot Rods for over ten years now (I'm still young). Right now I've finally decided to turn some business away and focus on finishing up my own car. It's a '32 Ford (Five Window Coupe) built in a late forties style, highboy with a pinched in front end (giving it sort of a Bonneville Race Look), quick change rear, un-dropped '32 Heavy axle... This list goes on...

Let's see, films... Last year I shot a documentary called "The Road to Bonneville," the first half of the movie follows The Rolling Bones from NY to Bonneville in their '32 Coupes, then the second half follows them racing their '32 roadster during speed week. (If you check the link in my signature, you can watch the trailer on the site.) Right now I'm currently editing my second Hot Rod Documentary due out in early '09.

I think I answered everything?

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Yeah but I'm dying to know what's up your sleeve.
C'mon you can tell us ... we're all friends here.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Welcome Brian! You can start off getting your feet wet by checking out our
"CARS and GUITARS" Thread in the "OFF TOPIC."......
P.S. "It Needs a BOOST!!!!" :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Texasbob

Postby Texasbob » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:46 pm

Brian wrote:Allow me to introduce myself... I was born, raised, and currently live in The Bronx, NY. I've played in many bands since I was a teenager and recently took some time off to focus more on my other interests, building Hot Rods and Filmmaking. I own a couple of Mosrite guitars. (I think I did ok). ;)

Yo Brian! I didn't know you had Mosrites too! lol Welcome aboard!
If it hasn't been done before, there's a reason why.

Brian
Top Producer

Postby Brian » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:00 pm

Texasbob wrote:
Brian wrote:Allow me to introduce myself... I was born, raised, and currently live in The Bronx, NY. I've played in many bands since I was a teenager and recently took some time off to focus more on my other interests, building Hot Rods and Filmmaking. I own a couple of Mosrite guitars. (I think I did ok). ;)

Texas Bob from Vegas (by way of Teaxs)! Yeah I've got a couple of Mosrite guitars, but as far as basses go I've only got a Fender,

Texasbob

Postby Texasbob » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:52 am

Brian wrote:
Texasbob wrote:

Texas Bob from Vegas (by way of Teaxs)! Yeah I've got a couple of Mosrite guitars, but as far as basses go I've only got a Fender,

Hope all is well back east bro. I'll see ya soon I hope!
If it hasn't been done before, there's a reason why.

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”