Hi All

goldentrem

Hi All

Postby goldentrem » Sat May 17, 2008 12:53 am

Hi All
Just joined yesterday, from Sydney Australia.
I've got a Mosrite Ranger 65 made by Fillmore, a friend in Japan got it for me and its great.
Had a Eastwood Hi-Flyer a few years ago but did'nt like it, neck too thick and a non-descript tone.
Also have a couple of Jazzmaster's and a Jag, as well as a few other guitars that hav'nt had much use recently.
60's garage is the sound i like best, as well as surf so my Fenders and Mosrite via a Vox ac15 and a few fuzz boxes does the job nicely.

golderntrem

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Re: Hi All

Postby Desert Surfer » Sat May 17, 2008 5:15 am

goldentrem wrote:Hi All
I've got a Mosrite Ranger 65 made by Fillmore, a friend in Japan got it for me and its great.
Had a Eastwood Hi-Flyer a few years ago but did'nt like it, neck too thick and a non-descript tone.
Also have a couple of Jazzmaster's and a Jag, as well as a few other guitars that hav'nt had much use recently.
60's garage is the sound i like best, as well as surf so my Fenders and Mosrite via a Vox ac15 and a few fuzz boxes does the job nicely.

golderntrem

Hi, Goldentrem: Welcome again.

Fillmore Rangers are really nice. I have tried them at Ed Roman just a few months ago and almost bought one. (Did not like Ed's price) Which color did you get? I love Jazzmaster (have two of them) and Jag too (got a 65 Vintage). Look like you have quite a few nice ones.

Please show us pictures if you would. You can see my collection at http://www.timelineguitars.com

Best,
Desert Surfer

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat May 17, 2008 6:11 am

goldentrem wrote:Hi All

golderntrem

OK, Now You're OFFICIAL!!! LOL! Once again Goldentrem, WELCOME!! DtM :mrgreen: .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

goldentrem

Postby goldentrem » Sat May 17, 2008 6:19 am

Hi Desert Surfer
My Ranger 65 is Black, looks great, fantastic quality.
I would like a Ink Blue one though!!!
I have a JM AVRI Ice Metallic Blue ( faded to more of a silver) with matching headstock, made as a limited run for the Japanese market about 8 years ago i believe.
The other JM is Black CIJ and the Jag is Olympic White CIJ.

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Sat May 17, 2008 6:49 am

goldentrem wrote:Hi Desert Surfer
My Ranger 65 is Black, looks great, fantastic quality.
I would like a Ink Blue one though!!!
I have a JM AVRI Ice Metallic Blue ( faded to more of a silver) with matching headstock, made as a limited run for the Japanese market about 8 years ago i believe.
The other JM is Black CIJ and the Jag is Olympic White CIJ.

Nice JM! Do you find any sound difference between your CIJ JM and AVRI JM? I understand CIJ use different Pickup (covers are the same, but inside pickups are smaller) Mine is same as yours 62 AVRI JM and a 96 Ventures Tribute JM (use same AVRI pickups, but no top switch, Don Wilson changed it) I like the 62 RI sound better. My Jag is vintage and has warmer and less bright sound than JM.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun May 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Howdy goldentrem,

Welcome to our Mosrite forum. Sounds like you have a good setup with JM's & a Mosrite. Garage and surf is cool. Looking forward to your participation.
Danny Ellison

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”