Introduction.

BRRanger
Top Producer

Re: Introduction.

Postby BRRanger » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:04 am

Hey Lonnie,
That would be great to get as many of us Mosrite/Gruggett/Hyde/Hallmark fans together in one place! I'm not very good at arranging that kind of thing, but a group of us going through the Crystal Palace and maybe meeting somewhere for an impromptu jam session would be fun! I don't recall if you mentioned if you were still in the Bakersfield area, I'm in the California Central Valley so could easily make the trip. It would be great to meet you.
P.S...thank you for your Service to our country!
Scott

LHyde

Postby LHyde » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:05 pm

Hello Scott. Sounds like it could be a great thing to do. I live in Victorville about 158 miles from Bakersfield. I used to make the drive every week for years when Bill and I did work together. I do not know just when you are planning to do this. I would need a little lead time to make arrangements because of my schedule with the S.B.D. county Sheriff's dept. and my new wife works during the week. She is only off on the week ends and it would be nice to have her come with me. I too would love to meet all of you. This forum has made me feel that I belong and welcomed. It is a wonderful feeling of being among friends. I hope I can join all of you. Please keep me advised of the event. Thank you for thinking of me. Best Regards. Lonnie Hyde.
Lonnie Hyde

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:09 pm

That would be neat...Anyone: If you're good at arranging this kind 'o thing, it would be nice git-together! A good excuse to visit Front Porch Music as I've never been there before, maybe rent a stage or small hall where we could bring our Mosrite-related gear for a display? Drive by the old factory location (s).

Lonnie...I share an interest in old hulks also, having owned 5 Edsels, a '59 Metropolitan, two '54 Kaisers, a '59 Studebaker Scotsman pickup, '71 Javelin and my latest project, a '56 Packard "400" 2 door hdtp.
Scott

LHyde

Postby LHyde » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:50 pm

This would be a great event.. Scott I was elected as president of our car club this year. It is the Over the Hill Gang Apple Vally. I have been a member for over 20 years. I have a 1969 olds 442 that I have had for the last 20 years. A 5 speed tremic transmission now lives where the turbo 400 used to. I also have a 1974 Karmann Ghia that I just love to drive when I can. As you can see I do stay rather busy. But you only go around once, and my wife Lynda does her level best to make sure that there will be no regrets, insuring that we make the most of it. I am so lucky to have her in my life. Just let me know and I will do my best to participate. Thank you again for including us. Regards. Lonnie.
Lonnie Hyde

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”