Introduction.

FrankJames
Top Producer

Re: Introduction.

Postby FrankJames » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Fascinating story, Lonnie, you've led a very interesting life, thanks for sharing it with us.

Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year.

Frank

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Touching story Lonnie, thank you for sharing it with us.
Scott

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Welcome and thanks for sharing the story!

Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

olrocknroller
Top Producer

Postby olrocknroller » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 am

Now this is a piece of Mosrite history that needs to be preserved! Thanks for sharing with us.
Olrocknroller

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:04 pm

Lonnie,
Do you have photos of any of the Hyde/Gruggett guitars you built?
Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:32 am

Welcome to the Family Lonnie, and yes, that is an incredible piece of History. Hoping you will
be able to share many more stories of the Hyde/Gruggett projects that you were involved in.
We are very proud to have Bob Shade in our Family and all of his experiences that he has shared
with us over the past few years.
And may we wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. :)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

LHyde

Postby LHyde » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:11 am

Thank all of you who are interested in the guitars that Bill and I made together. I do have some pictures of a couple of guitars that we made. I sent some to Bob Shade. One is a brass rail double neck that that I helped make, that turned out to be made for me , which I did not know at the time. Bill was a sly one at times. There is also another double neck that Bill insisted that we make after he learned where and how I conceived it. Brother Bob Shade has both of these pictures. I do not know how to put pictures in E-mails, but perhaps Bob would consider doing it for me. I am not that versed in the use of the computer as most of you probably are. There is a video on youtube of my band playing at a breast cancer and car show benefit from this past october. It shows me using the last Hyde/Gruggett double neck guitar that was made on a couple of songs one song you all know, the last one is one of my originals. I do not know just who posted this video, it is not very polished, just did it for a good cause. Just look under Lonnie and the Lugnuts on youtube. You will see a picture of our band and just click on the picture and the video will start. There are also some sample songs from the last instrumental c.d. that we made, no video just music from the c.d. It is old school,very old school soft, surf style. These are also all originals that I wrote, from a time of great duress during the Vietnam war. Again I do not know how at this time, the procedure to put pictures on the forum site. I greatly appreciate your interest.. Best Regards to all of you.. Lonnie Hyde.
Lonnie Hyde

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:51 pm

I watched your set on you tube, sound mighty fine, mighty fine! We do a surf version of "Ghost Riders"...one of my all-time faves!
Scott

LHyde

Postby LHyde » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Thank you Scott. I think you are just being nice. As I said it was not polished at all, It was requested by a person that said if we played it, he would make a nice donation to the breast cancer event that we were playing for. We played it for him and he made a very large donation to the event. That was what it was all about, raising money for a good cause. I would make a fool out of myself again for people that need the help. I lost my wife of 41 years to cancer in 2010. This was worth getting a little embarrassed over, and I would probably do it again to help. Thank you for your encouragement. We still do not know who put it on youtube. I wish that I could meet all of you sometime. In my short tenure in this forum I have been treated like an old friend. Thanks to all that I have had the pleasure to chat with here. Best regards to all. Lonnie Hyde.
Lonnie Hyde

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:38 pm

Welcome to the forum Lonnie. I just read the story you wrote about you and my dad's growing up together. I know my grandma always referred to you as 'his brother' and I see why. I responded to your post to me on my new member site and I want to make sure you know that the forum started a Bill Gruggett Guitar 'thread' for me on this site where everything is about his work , so please make sure to see and read the entire thread. If you cant find it under 'search' let me know and I will help. The thread started right before his birthday in September. I will continue to post photos of his work there and I would encourage you to also, so it is all in the one thread. Thanks Lonnie and keep on playing that guitar! Glad you got to see the double neck Brian was strumming on at the tribute. Those lead guitarists were so incredible and I was so happy that Eugene Moles made a special trip out here just to be a part of the tribute. He and I are facebook friends and he also has a facebook site as a tribute to Gene Moles where he posts lots of old photos and articles that you would likely enjoy, so you might go on facebook and type in' Gene Moles' and see what you pull up. I also love Chuck's brass rail that was autographed with 'Billy Don' on the headstock. Deke's blue Stradette was real pretty too. If you want any of the photos from the tribute send me a private message with your address and I will mail you some. Take care,
Kathy

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”