Potential Mosrite owner in a few days

fresco

Re: Potential Mosrite owner in a few days

Postby fresco » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:48 am

Thanks for all the feedback. I truly appreciate all your input.
I went out last night to have a look at it.... Played like butter on a warm day.

It's my first guitar purchase in 10 years (for my 40th birthday), and since I don't collect (not yet, family is too young for such an expensive hobby) I think this will be my new guitar in a matter of hours. I'm a working class musician, and found this to be a pretty 'exotic' piece to add to my stage setup.

The backstory on the piece is there was a man from Toronto who knew Semie Moseley back in the day. He wanted to import guitars to Canada. Long story short, this piece was given as a gift to the folks by the man from Toronto (close friend of the family, I'll get his name today, for those who want to know) a couple of years back for his son. It may be a reissue of the m88 model custom ordered in 2009. I'm going to confirm that today.

Perhaps in 10 years (on my 50th birthday), I'll find and cherish an older vintage model. LOL - Perhaps sooner!

fresco

Postby fresco » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:31 pm

So it seems he took possession in 2009, but never really played it. It was a gift from a Pierre Laflamme (I believe that was his name) in Toronto, who imported Mosrite guitars into Canada ages ago. His kids didn't appreciate guitars the way he had hoped, and they didn't want it, so he past it on to the folks I bought it from. He thought they may use it or at least appreciate its worth. Both the father and son play hard rock/progressive blues, so it never really suited their taste (not to mention the bright yellow colour - not everyone's cup of tea).

The serial is 87100, on the ticket and neck. Could this have been a prototype of an m88 produced in 1987?.... grasping as straws here, folks. I may try to contact the above mentioned importer to see what he has to say. Wish there was a central DB for this stuff.

Any way you slice it, it plays smooth, stays in tune no matter how hard I hammer it, and will definitely stand out in the clubs.

LoveyX
Top Producer

Postby LoveyX » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:40 pm

welcome to the forum and congrats on your mosrite.

feel free to let us know if you find out any more about it!

and enjoy the forum.

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”