New member from Australia

mosman
Top Producer

New member from Australia

Postby mosman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi everyone.I've just found this site and as a HUGE Mosrite fanatic I had to join straight away.Mosrites aren't known very well in Australia and finding them is near impossible, but at times they can be found with a bit of effort and patience.So far after years of hunting I have a US 71 post Ventures model, a Celebrity, a Japanese sunburst Super Custom 64 and a blue Japanese Excellent 65.The prices here for US models are incredibly high ($2500 - $4000 usually ) and that's for ones that aren't even in very good shape.I'm always looking at US ebay but the shipping cost to Australia is also very high so I haven't scored anything there as yet.I'm always looking for that next Mosrite and I envy you blokes in the US who can find them easier than I can.Anyways I just want to say it's great to be amongst 'family'.

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: New member from Australia

Postby dubtrub » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi mosman, and welcome to the forum.

Mosrite's are a little more plentiful here in the USA, but the supply is running out. Keep checking eBay and don't give up. Heck who knows, one may even turn up here on the forum classified. But, usually eBay is the best bet because someone is always willing to pay more money than they are worth driving up the prices.
Danny Ellison

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:24 pm

Hey thanks for the welcome.I'm never off ebay and even if I haven't scored anything yet,it's always fun looking.By the way,that red Mosrite you use for your avatar reminds me of the red one I missed out on yesterday on Australian ebay.Apparently the seller ended the auction early and someone else snagged it.
The pain...the pain!

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:07 pm

Welcome Mosman,
You look like you've done all right with 4 Mo's to your credit :mrgreen: . I'm sure you are familiar with
Tymguitars in Brisbane. If not, you might want to check with him and see if he has any for sale.
You have joined a GOOD Community here on this Forum. If you have any questions, feel free
to shout, one of us members will always pop up. If we don't have an answer, we always try our
best to get you/us the CORRECT answer.....Once again, WELCOME ;) .
p.s. BTW, the Site of Tym is: http://www.tymguitars.com.au/index.html
or email at: tim@tymguitars.com.au
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:36 pm

Thanks DTM.Yeah I know about Tym Guitars and I'm constantly in touch with him.He has some great stuff on his site for sale.I'm watching a beautiful Nokie Mosrite there at the moment which has some significance, as I passed one up several years back due to my lack of Mosrite knowledge.I'm sure we all have a sad Mosrite tale or two.At least I hope so.I wouldn't want to be the only one.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:09 pm

mosman wrote:Thanks DTM.Yeah I know about Tym Guitars and I'm constantly in touch with him.He has some great stuff on his site for sale.I'm watching a beautiful Nokie Mosrite there at the moment which has some significance, as I passed one up several years back due to my lack of Mosrite knowledge.I'm sure we all have a sad Mosrite tale or two.At least I hope so.I wouldn't want to be the only one.

....."We....Are Not Alone!" :shock:
p.s. Sounds like a good title for a Horror Movie....
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Welcome Mosman! Patience is a virtue in the hunt for Mosrites. Of course, you could also go the route of building a replica, several people here have done it, or you could build a parts-rite as I did. Any way you choose you're among friends here!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:10 pm

Mate, it's so good to be able to share my obsession with like -minded fanatics.
I love this site!!

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:05 am

Welcome ... and I share your pain, not owning an original Mosrite. Just got outbid on eBay at the last moment by $26 ... ugggghhh. I do have 2 MIJ copies (70s), a Wilson Bros. VM 65, and a Hallmark 60 Custom. I'll keep plugging away until I get my Ventures or Mark V someday ...

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:02 pm

I know what you mean regarding your ebay loss.Yesterday I just missed a beautiful red Excellent 65 on Aussie ebay because the seller ended the auction early to someone else.I was going to suggest the same thing to the seller but I was too late.
Dammit!

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”