dellison (Duane)

dellison

dellison (Duane)

Postby dellison » Sun May 11, 2008 11:56 am

Hello, I am Danny’s son Duane and just wanted to say hello! I would love to say that I am an avid guitar player and collector but honestly I only have one guitar that I bought about two weeks ago (Fender Stratocaster) and I am just learning to play. It’s just one of those things that happens in life where I missed out on learning to play while I was younger/kid (I’m 37 now with three kids of my own, plus been married 18 years). I guess I finally just decided when I was around my brother and dad I wanted to be able to say I play something more than the radio (that’s what Daren generally says, and unfortunately it’s true). The really funny part is how my kids get a kick out of the noise I am making!

My Dad has been talking about putting up this forum for a while and neither of us had a clue about setting something up like that. I happen to have a couple of other web sites (photography related) so I just added on http://www.mosriteforum.com and installed the phpBB forum server. Fortunately it wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be and hopefully you guys will all enjoy the site and get something out of it.

So I fell a bit like a fish out of water but I have enjoyed reading the various threads. OBTW we have 194 posts over 33 threads in less than a week!

Again I just wanted to say hello and I hope you all get a lot out of the new Mosrite Forum!

Duane...

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Re: dellison (Duane)

Postby Desert Surfer » Sun May 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi, Duane: Nice to know you thru forum. Nice job you have done for this forum. I have also seen some nice articles you wrote on your website.

Everyone started with 1 guitar. You were lucky to start with very nice one, mine was a $2.00 cheap acoustic guitar. The passison is still with me 40 years later. (maybe it becomes too much)

I have never met Daren but have seen him playing in one of his concert DVD. Almost felt like meeting him in person. He is a great singer, love that song he did; "Secret Agent Man" Hope to see you playing on YouTube soon.

Best, :D

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun May 11, 2008 12:59 pm

Hey Duane!! Nice to have you on board with us. If you have any questions about how to play guitar, just ask the Geru. He answers to the name of Danny! :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dellison

Postby dellison » Sun May 11, 2008 1:33 pm

Hey thanks! I suppose that is one good thing about starting later when you have some extra money!

My brother is pretty good and is pretty funny the way he does the Secret Agent Man song. I was lucky enough to see him play at the Silver Palace when the band he was with was playing there. Unfortunately my dad and brother are on the other side of the hill and we don't get to connect much.

Desert Surfer wrote:Hi, Duane: Nice to know you thru forum. Nice job you have done for this forum. I have also seen some nice articles you wrote on your website.

Everyone started with 1 guitar. You were lucky to start with very nice one, mine was a $2.00 cheap acoustic guitar. The passison is still with me 40 years later. (maybe it becomes too much)

I have never met Daren but have seen him playing in one of his concert DVD. Almost felt like meeting him in person. He is a great singer, love that song he did; "Secret Agent Man" Hope to see you playing on YouTube soon.

Best, :D

dellison

Postby dellison » Sun May 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Man you have that right, he helped me out loads pointing me in the right direction. I mean I still have a long ways to go - but he finished that Fender just right and gave me some things to focus on which I have done every day and things are progressing along!

Dennisthe Menace wrote:Hey Duane!! Nice to have you on board with us. If you have any questions about how to play guitar, just ask the Geru. He answers to the name of Danny! :mrgreen:

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”