Newbie ? About Mosrite Mk V Ventures model

windanseabeachboy

Newbie ? About Mosrite Mk V Ventures model

Postby windanseabeachboy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi, I play surf guitar and have been a frequent past contributor at Surf Guitar 101. I have a chance to buy a '66 Mosrite Ventures model in fair condition. It needs a refinish (someone refinished it - badly - in the past). It needs an original pickguar (it has a decorative new pickguard) and it lack the neck plate, but has screws instead. So, there's that. But otherwise it is all-original. I am wondering is $600 is a good deal for this, and what it might be worth if I do a professional refin (I am very skilled at shooting lacquer) and then put it on the market, perhaps eBay. Anyone knowledgeable about the Mark V Ventures Model, please let me know.
Bye!

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Newbie ? About Mosrite Mk V Ventures model

Postby dubtrub » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Welcome to the forum, and I guess bye, since it appears that you are mainly interested in a Mosrite that is only going to be a temporary passing object. So, with that I would say you can't go wrong in a temporary investment for a profit. If you purchase it for $600 and restore it to it's original condition, you should easily be able to double your money if you list it on eBay. Good luck with you venture.
Danny Ellison

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”