GattonFan - New member

GattonFan
Master Contributor

GattonFan - New member

Postby GattonFan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:47 pm

Hello all ... Found this website indirectly from the ReRanch refinishing forum. Name is Dennis, 57 yrs old, living in the St Louis area. Enjoy old time rock and roll, do not play professionally, only for my enjoyment, have been practicing since I was about 12. First song I ever picked out was the Ventures "Walk, Don't Run", and have always been impressed with the Ventures model Mosrites. I think it is (aesthetically) the greatest guitar ever designed. I own 13 guitars, 5 amps, and a pedal steel (Sho-Bud). Gibson ES355TDSV, MIJ Mosrite I was told is @ early-mid 70s (which I stripped and refinished), Hallmark 60 Custom, Wilson Bros. VM65, Strat Plus, Tele Plus, Custom shop set-neck Tele, Ovation Celebrity, Schecter C-1 Deluxe, Brian Moore, Hohner ... What is excessive??? :D

Anyway, glad I found the site. Mosrite Forever!

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: GattonFan - New member

Postby dubtrub » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Hey Dennis, welcome to the forum and glad you found it. Sounds like a nice collection you have.
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:00 pm

GattonFan wrote:Hello all ... Found this website indirectly from the ReRanch refinishing forum. Name is Dennis, 57 yrs old, living in the St Louis area. Enjoy old time rock and roll, do not play professionally, only for my enjoyment, have been practicing since I was about 12. First song I ever picked out was the Ventures "Walk, Don't Run", and have always been impressed with the Ventures model Mosrites. I think it is (aesthetically) the greatest guitar ever designed. I own 13 guitars, 5 amps, and a pedal steel (Sho-Bud). Gibson ES355TDSV, MIJ Mosrite I was told is @ early-mid 70s (which I stripped and refinished), Hallmark 60 Custom, Wilson Bros. VM65, Strat Plus, Tele Plus, Custom shop set-neck Tele, Ovation Celebrity, Schecter C-1 Deluxe, Brian Moore, Hohner ... What is excessive??? :D

Anyway, glad I found the site. Mosrite Forever!

Hi Dennis. This is Dennis, but everyone knows me as the Menace :twisted: . You have a nice Selection of a Collection. Welcome Aboard ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:10 pm

Welcome aboard!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

MoishesRight

Postby MoishesRight » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:25 pm

Hi Dennis,
I too, like the Mosrites and have a pedal steel and a Brian Moore. If your age would be age 50 and you also play the Theremin, then we might be twins. I also am relatively new here (last week was my 1st post). Everyone here is very nice, even when you call then at 2:00 in the mid night morning to ask what kind of polish is best on a Mosrite. I was just kidding, it was 3:00AM. No but really I am just kidding here. What is your opinion of the Ventures model 2 vs. a mark I or other venture & mosrite models. Are they worth $2000 in your humble opinion even if they have a short neck and body and vibromute bridge/wammy?

Cheers, me lad,

Allen

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”