Hello from SoCal

siouxinjun

Hello from SoCal

Postby siouxinjun » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:34 pm

I am excited to find this forum. I had a Mosrite Ventures II (Blond) that I purchased new from Dick Charles Music in Glendale, California way back in the late 1960's. Like many of the members here, I played in a band (local SoCal area) during my formative years during high school (Burbank, California) through early college. I gave up the band music biz after I realized we were never going to be the next superstar group after watching what our agent's brother did to Stepennwolf and 3 Dog Night (oh Richie Podler, how could you take 50% of gross).

During 1971 or 1972 I traded in my Mosrite to Dick Charles for a Martin 00028 just so I could just play for myself. I still have the Martin, in fact it's getting totally rebuilt at Martin under warranty (plus a few extra dollars), but I ache for my old Ventures II. When I bought my son his first guitar, a Fender Mexican Strat, it all came back to me, i.e. the reason why I traded in my first Fender (a Jaguar); the neck was too big for me to play comfortably and the Mosrite was just right. I ache for that old Mosrite. Heck, I even had a Mosrite fuzztone that I sold for $40 in the early 70's. Maybe someday I'll be able to find that Ventures II again and reconnect with it. Until then, thanks for the forum.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: Hello from SoCal

Postby MWaldorf » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:36 pm

Welcome!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:14 pm

siouxinjun wrote:I am excited to find this forum.

.........and we're glad you found it. ;)

siouxinjun wrote: I ache for that old Mosrite.

You may never find your old one, but they are still out there and show up regularly on eBay.

siouxinjun wrote: thanks for the forum.

.....and thank you for stopping by. Enjoy the forum.
Danny Ellison

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:00 pm

Welcome, siouxinjun to our forum.

Very interesting story! Interesting name you have too. :D Mine is Dersert Surfer, because I don't swim and afraid of water.... :(

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:16 pm

...HOW! ...are you??
Make no RESERVATIONS about it, WELCOME!!!! :mrgreen:
Glad to have you on board!!
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”