Hallmark Guitars new 63 Custom model

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: Hallmark Guitars new 63 Custom model

Postby Bob Shade » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:37 pm

Howdy Bob...what supplier do you use for your tortoise shell pickguard material? The stuff I am finding is cheap and a print instead of a real swirl.
Thx,
Scott

Hi Scott! I made this tortoise shell guard up myself. I used 3ply w/b/w plastic. Then I adhered a thin piece of celluloid tortoise shell that you can still get on the internet. I have not seen any good tortoise pickguard material these days myself. That was why I made this one myself. (the old fashioned way)

It works well, all you need is a bunch of wide clamps and the materials.

Best, Bob

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:50 am

Hey Danny, sorry Adam and I messed you while visiting your neck of the woods, maybe next time around. I used white marine epoxy to adhere the plastics get the colors to pop!

Best, Bob

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:28 am

Thanks Bob! I wasn't sure if you wanted to give away trade secrets on a public forum so I dumped the question.
Yes, it would have been nice to visit with you guy's again. Hopefully next time.
Danny Ellison

jessejames005

Postby jessejames005 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm new here and required to make a post. Found this site looking for 65C colors offered by Hallmark. Just ordered a dark metallic blue 65C on Tuesday (sight unseen!)and it should be here Monday. So excited! First time ordering without even seeing a picture. But I know I won't be disappointed because of the excellent reputation Hallmark has.

I second the notion that I'd like to see the 65C on the website too Bob! Keep up the good work.

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:02 am

Thank for the post, I hope to get professional pics of the 65C's in the next 2 weeks. I have been busy getting all of our orders out, but I think I should be able to make that happen.

Stay tuned! (pun intended)

Bob

Tronman

Postby Tronman » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:57 am

jessejames005 wrote:Hi everyone.

I'm new here and required to make a post. Found this site looking for 65C colors offered by Hallmark. Just ordered a dark metallic blue 65C on Tuesday (sight unseen!)and it should be here Monday. So excited! First time ordering without even seeing a picture. But I know I won't be disappointed because of the excellent reputation Hallmark has.

I second the notion that I'd like to see the 65C on the website too Bob! Keep up the good work.

You're going to love your new 65C. I received mine a couple of weeks ago and it's truly an amazing piece of hardware.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro III Guitar
Hallmark 65 Custom Guitar
Martin DM Guitar
Hallmark 65 Custom Bass

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Fantastic guitar Bob! That is a beauty.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

jessejames005

Postby jessejames005 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:00 pm

The 65 custom is here and I love it! Bob was extremely helpful, responding to all my questions right away. And it got here in less than a week (all the way to Canada!).

If you're thinking about getting a Hallmark guitar know that you will not be disappointed! It looks, sounds and plays amazing.

I tried to post a pic but couldn't figure out how. Sorry!

Tronman

Postby Tronman » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:01 am

jessejames005 wrote:The 65 custom is here and I love it! Bob was extremely helpful, responding to all my questions right away. And it got here in less than a week (all the way to Canada!).

If you're thinking about getting a Hallmark guitar know that you will not be disappointed! It looks, sounds and plays amazing.

I tried to post a pic but couldn't figure out how. Sorry!

It looks like you have to upload the picture to a public server and enter the URL in your post. From the FAQ:

"...images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag."
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro III Guitar
Hallmark 65 Custom Guitar
Martin DM Guitar
Hallmark 65 Custom Bass

panther
Top Producer

Postby panther » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:46 am

Bob excellent work. Could you explain the 3 screw pickguard. Is that all that holds it in place ?
Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”