Hallmark II opinions

rynaro
Top Producer

Hallmark II opinions

Postby rynaro » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi guys i am chatting to bob shade via email at the moment and seriosly thinking of buying a hallmark II as it ticks my boxes.
What are peoples thoughts who own one of these?

I play a few mosrite copies in my 90s grunge/shoegaze band that have the mosrite pickup. I am interested in what people feel about the neck and the pickup sound being "mosritey or not"

Ps bob shade is amazing responding so quick to all my dumb questions and seems like a total dude.
Tym Sweeping Wing Jr #Z0094 (murph trem & mastery bridge)/ Tym vibratone #A0080 (jag trem/pickups)>Heaps of pedals>Vox AC15HW
http://www.facebook.com/tenderbones
https://tenderbones.bandcamp.com
http://ryanlhumphreys.bandcamp.com

MarkyKobane
Top Producer

Re: Hallmark II opinions

Postby MarkyKobane » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:54 pm

I have the JR model and it feels and sounds great!
Hallmark is by far the most superior Mosrite copy I have played.
Do your self a huge favor and pull the trigger!!!!

jfine
Top Producer

Postby jfine » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:03 am

I have a 60 Custom. Very nice guitar, the workmanship and finish is excellent. The neck is bigger than a Mosrite neck, but it's still narrow enough to have somewhat of a Mosrite vibe. I can't play a Mosrite neck--way too small--but the Hallmark neck works fine for me, although I could have certainly taken it bigger. I felt the pickups were a little dark, but I got 500Kohm pots installed, and that brightened them up some. My guitar came with 250Kohm pots, but I think they're now shipping with 500Kohm ones.
If you don't want the vibrato arm to loosen up with use (a problem with old Mosrites), ask Bob Shade about the leather-washer arm mod. I found out about that before I ordered mine, and Bob did it for me. Works great--the arm hasn't loosened up a bit in four years. Bob's a great guy to do business with--he even let me change the color after the order was in--right after I ordered mine in Sunburst, they announced the availability of Surf Pearl, and as mine hadn't shipped yet, I was able to get Surf Pearl instead, at no extra charge.

SanchoPansen
Top Producer

Postby SanchoPansen » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:50 am

Just do it, you won't regret it.

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:10 am

Thanks to MarkyKobane (who unwittingly led me to this purchase) I obtained my JR Model for a ridiculously low price. I love it! I am envious of your Tym Sweepingwing & Vibratone, tried to buy a Wosrite from Tym but he was so busy at the time he couldn't make the guitar I wanted.
Scott

MarkyKobane
Top Producer

Postby MarkyKobane » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Haha Thanks BRRanger! Post some pics!

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:48 am

Yeah MarkeyK, tried to post a couple of pics when I made the comment but I seem to have forgotten the magical formula for posting pics. I'll have to have someone younger than I give me a hand with that!
Scott

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”