Urgent help needed :-(

SanchoPansen
Top Producer

Urgent help needed :-(

Postby SanchoPansen » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:59 am

I just cleaned my guitar and as I put on a new set of strings, THIS happened:
Can anybody tell me what to do now? I suppose I should glue it back on, but which glue should I use? Anything special? UHU?
Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: Urgent help needed :-(

Postby Bob Shade » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:16 am

Just left you a detailed message through your Facebook message:

Hallmark Guitars
23 minutes ago
Hallmark Guitars

this is a simple fix! Simply get some white glue, take a little sand paper and clean off the old glue from both the guide and the platform area it sits on. (we use white glue just like the old days in case you ever would want to get it back off for any reason, fretwork etc) Then run a small line of white glue across the platform and place the guide back in place. Immediately put the strings on the guitar to hold the nut in place and tune up. Use the outside strings e to e first and work your way in. This way the guide will not slide off to one side while tuning. Then let dry overnight and you are all set.

Kilian Gilberg
15 minutes ago
Kilian Gilberg

Great. Thanks for the quick reply! I really love and appreciate your customer service. Luckily I have some wood glue/white glue. I suppose super glue would be a little bit over the top, as it won't ever come off again.

Bob one minute ago

I would not use a permanent type of glue

Hope this helps,

Bob

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:02 am

Same thing happened to mine. Not a problem. I did just as Bob suggested and haven't had a problem since. Easy fix!

SanchoPansen
Top Producer

String guide came off. Help needed.

Postby SanchoPansen » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:18 am

Yup, it worked out well. But as it was the first time this happened to me, it almost made my heart stop.
Put on some Pyramid Flats now and tuned 'em up to get the tension, as Bob suggested.
If anyone is interested: I first strung up the A string which I guided through the low E string space on the nut. After that I went on and strung up the B string guided through the high E string space on the nut. This applied steady pressure in a right angle to keep the nut in place.
Thanks again, Bob! You're the best! And thanks to Greg as well!

ludobag
Top Producer

Postby ludobag » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:45 pm

i have put 2 little drop of loctite under mine ,if i need to remove it just a little tap and it will go (loctite break easily if you dont put all the tube )

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”