Another new 60 Custom owner here!

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: Another new 60 Custom owner here!

Postby Bob Shade » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:50 am

Nice to see you and your band and 60C in action! It is always nice to see who plays our guitars.

Keep rocking and thanks for posting!

Bob

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:07 am

Bob Shade wrote:Nice to see you and your band and 60C in action! It is always nice to see who plays our guitars.

Keep rocking and thanks for posting!

Bob

Thanks Bob. I really like my 60 Custom for a multitude of reasons. Those of us "in the know" know how cool your guitars are. But you know what man? Regular non-guitar people gush over my 60C. Just regular people from the crowd coming up to me afterwards to look at that guitar. People were taking pics of it. It's like functional art or something. Did you see the guitar on the stand next to me? That's a freaking Les Paul Traditional Gold Top. A fantastic guitar. A legend. It NEVER left the stand! 60C all the way! :lol:

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:14 am

Hey Bob, if you see this, I played this huge rockabilly hot-rod burlesque retro pinup hepcat daddy-o festival thing this weekend, and people were flipping out over my 60 Custom. Other guitar players were lining up to check out my 60C. The most common question being "holy sh*t is that a Mosrite?" I did the best I could to clue them in on your guitars. Everyone was very impressed. :)

Imre

Postby Imre » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:24 am

I hope finally I can copy a picture about my Ventures style gear.

Imre

Imre

Postby Imre » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:45 am

Actually I own this guitar for almost two years, causes lots of joy and earns lots of admits for me.
It took a while to study how to use the vibrato arm (definitely very gently), at the beginning I broke two strings, first the thin E and then the B.
I tried to found the reason, I suspected the sharp edges within the vibrato block, around the holes where the strings come out towards the bridge.
As practical solution I have used the ring-ballends of the broken string as washers and the problem obviously dissappierd.

A question to Bob:
What about using Fender bullit type strings, can they be practically not unwind at all?
Are they as good as the ghs boomers waht you recommend?

Regards,

Imre

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:34 am

That could have come with the DAddario strings. We try NOT to use those for that reason. We recommend GHS Boomer "reinforced" end strings. They have a wrap that secures the ball to the string unlike typical wrapped strings. We never have a problem with those.

Bob

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:29 am

Had a little scare at band practice last nite.....

We practice at a club, on a stage, just like a gig. The bassist works there so we get to jam out with a full house sound system. That's fun. Anyway, had my 60C on it's locking stand, and somehow the whole thing fell over off the stage on to the ground! Aaaack! I don't know how or why. It was like a ghost just tipped it over. No one was near it! Freaky. I nearly had an accident in my pants. I jump down to retrieve my beautiful guitar to find it perfectly fine, but with one tiny little nick in the paint on the headstock. Whew. I can live with that. A scuff was bound to happen eventually anyway. I play the thing. I'm just glad nothing broke. My SG or LP would have a broken headstock right now for sure. Thanks Bob for making a tough guitar. :D

The irony is that I purposefully leave my guitar stand where I do because it's out of the way of everyone else. No one goes near it. There's no way for anyone to accidentally bump it or brush by it as they move around. The darn thing still fell over somehow. :evil:

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:37 pm

I had a strange thing happen to my 63 sidejack once. For no reason at all, my Pignose I was plugged into fell off of the shelf when I was not playing the guitar and both pieces were simply resting. It hit the guitar on it's face and put a small dent in the face.

Needless to say I was devastated. The thing was, it had no reason to fall, it was like someone knocked it off or it jumped.

I don't believe in spirits so I say it jumped. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Glad your 60C survived well and I am happy there was no further damage.

Bob

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:25 am

Well I dug through my wife's nail polish and found a pretty good match for my little nick. I might have to mix a few together, but with her ten million shades of everything, I think I can come up with something to dab on there. :lol:

Imre

Postby Imre » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:49 am

Hi Greg,

I don't know, what type of stand you use, but what you see on my photo, proved to be very stable, protect the instrument even if it falls on the face or on the back.
Luckily till now such accident did'nt happen to me.
I hope you will find some cosmetic correction.

Good luck: Imre

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”